Going to try again at Truman Dam on Saturday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by The_EE, May 1, 2012.

1. Well, if they run water that is. I will be headed down around 2:30-3pm on Saturday to catch possible bait at Drake harbor and then catch my personal best :D From the looks of it, they should be running around 20,000 so the fishing should be good.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty New Member

good luck Jason I hope ya get a new PB this weekend !!! they should be moving around looking for a pre spawn buffet dinner right now ...

let us know how ya do . go gettem like a ninja in the shadows ready to strike :ninja::biggrin1:

3. Well Scott, if I cant catch bait, all will be lost. I doubt I will get much hit on 6 month old frozen shad but I will be bringing it with me, either to use or dump. I have some cut carp left over to use and I am going to try to catch some perch tonight to have on hand.

I just wish the shad would finally move into Drake Harbor. I caught a good 14-15 inch shad last night here in town so I at least have a little something to start Saturday off with.

4. Did some bank fishing below the dam last night. Caught all the big shad I needed in drake harbor after dark off the boat ramp dock in a half dozen throws. They like lately shut the water down at midnight. We didnt get set up until 10:30 and luckly I landed a 30 pounder at 11:30 before the water dropped. It was the big fish of the night and the rest were 5 pounds or so and under. Good luck, hope you can get into a new pb...

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty New Member

way to go Troy congrats on the 30 buddy !!!!!

glad to see your getting out and fishing again and being on the site :biggrin1:

6. RayA

RayA New Member

Congrats Troy

spoonfish likes this.
  7. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

Congrats Troy and I hope The EE can get his new PB:biggrin1:

spoonfish likes this.