Fishing the Mississippi River - south of St. Louis, Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Fastman, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

You said "boss", you didn't say friend. Big difference! LOL
    Ok, I assume he is an okay guy and I value your opinion. That's good enough for me. Let me know when he gets settled in and I'll try to help. I can only help with catfish, so if he needs help in other fishing, your gonna have to find somebody else. LOL What kind of hunting does he do? I'm an avid deer hunter and can help in that regard.

2. loop

loop New Member

He was my boss here but also turned out to be a nice guy an friend lol.
    He likes to do all kinds of fishing catfishing high on the list.
    He likes to Deer hunt, I don't hunt anymore so I'm not sure how good a hunter he is lol.
    I'll get back to you when he gets settled in.
    Loop

3. I'm off most weekends and am more than willing to go fishing with anyone wanting to go. I don't have a boat, but I'm more than willing to drive. Looks like a few of you live in my area so look me up if your looking for a fishing partner for a day or night.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

Welcome aboard, maybe we can get together some time. Heat and work has me down for a spell, so it will be awhile before I can get out.

5. Sounds good Kutter, just let me know when it looks good for yo and if I'm free maybe we can get together and do a little fishing.

6. Didn't see anybody list truman (Rush Island). I don't do much bank fishing but alot of people do down there. To get there just run dwn 61 til u get to AA and make a right then make another right few yards up follow that road till come to a stop sign make a left there then stay on that road till u see the power plant go across bridge leading to plant u make a right on a gravel road and that will lead u to the river hope this helps out

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

Welcome aboard, Ruffneck, glad to have more Missourians here.
    I launch out of Truman Access most times I go fishing. If you read back on this thread, you'll see we did mention it. Not sure how well the bankfishing is there, though. I do see where quite a lot of folks have fished it, but never tried it there myself.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

Where ya been Kutter? Hadnt seen you on here in awhile and was starting to worry about you. I have been fishing quite a bit. I fished the Cabelas King Kat down in Henderson, KY and we placed good enough to qualify for the National event down in Alabama in October so I'll be doing that. Hit the river in our neck of the woods last week and only found the dinks. I did have 1 hilacious rip on my first set up on a large bait, but as luck would have it I was at the front of the boat with a cell phone stuck to my ear and missed the fish. I'll learn one of these days. As soon as it cools off some lets hit the river again. I'd like to get out there and really put some time in and see if we cant get a pig in the boat. Cya. Cuz

9. congrats cuz on your tournement are you going down to Alabama?

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

Thx Jason. Yeah, for now I'm definately planning on going to the National Event in Alabama. Been busy pulling maps and such for a tourney this Sunday in Louisianna Missouri though. After this one, I'll be looking forward to the Alabama event.