Chattanooga Gathering 2012

Discussion in 'CATFISH GATHERINGS' started by mmarcum6, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

I just wanted to start the thread for the Chattanooga gathering before some one jumps on the traditional dates that we use. I'm proposing April 27th thru the 29th which is right in line with the normal weekend we use. Hopefully Mother Nature will be a little more cooperative this year and not try and blow Willard and Donna back from where they came.

I plan on the dates being firm ASAP so that everyone has plenty of time to arrange their schedule to attend. If you think it over and can't decide for sure go ahead and post that you want to be put on the list, and if things don't work out that is fine we just need to have a head count to know we will have enough room and can plan for food later.

If you post and don't have the transportation then we may be able to make arraingments to get you here and maybe even a place to sleep. Please post if you even just want to attend and we can go from there. It is common for brothers to share a ride and camp seperatley.

There will be more information to follow including campground information and direction to get there from anywhere in the country. If you have never been to a gathering this is a good one to cut your teeth on as it is usually a smaller one with a lot of the members that have been around for many years.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

Hey Mark.... put Hershell and I down as hopeful, we have been already talkin bout wantin to make another trip to Chattanooga, sure am glad you got this started. Lets just hope all goes well before time gets here.

3. Mark put me on the list!

4. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

:eek:nthego: This list is in the works and will be updated accordingly. Anything in red is something I was not sure about and could change. If you see a mistake I have made let me know and I will correct ASAP. :encouragement:

Mark Marcum (mmarcum6) 1 camping with boat

Leslie and Hershell Brock (punkin570) ? camping

Bob Goodwin (Kittycatcher) 1 camping

If you are even thinking of coming to the gathering post so we have an idea. You can post later that you won't be able to make this gathering. I know of a few folks within a hours drive that have been asking for a gathering that have not posted.

If you post and don't have the transportation then we may be able to make arraingments with a fellow brother or sister to get you here and maybe even a place to sleep. Please post if you even just want to attend and we can go from there. It is common for members to share a ride and camp separately.

5. Whistler

Whistler New Member

We'll sure try. Put us down as hopefull.

6. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

This list is in the works and will be updated accordingly. Anything in red is something I was not sure about and could change. If you see a mistake I have made let me know and I will correct ASAP.

Bryan and Joanne Shrum (Whistler) 2 camping

If you are even thinking of coming to the gathering post so we have an idea. You can post later that you won't be able to make this gathering. I know of a few folks within a hours drive that have been asking for a gathering that have not posted.

If you post and don't have the transportation then we may be able to make arraingments with a fellow brother or sister to get you here and maybe even a place to sleep. Please post if you even just want to attend and we can go from there. It is common for members to share a ride and camp separately.

7. craddock1

craddock1 New Member

I am going to try to make this one but just for a one day visit probably saturday. If it is cold or raining I won't be there. The cold hurts me too much. I decided to come last year and it came a tornado.
    Frank

8. Awww right, Mark put us down for Lord willin.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

Man not sure what happened to my post. But I made one right after you started this one. Add both of us.
    Pete

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

Frank sure hope you can make it for sure. Heard a lot about you from our buddy (Hoot), when he was living. looking forward to meeting you after all these years.
    Pete

11. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

This list is in the works and will be updated accordingly. Anything in red is something I was not sure about and could change. If you see a mistake I have made let me know and I will correct ASAP.

Pete and Marylyn Kildow (Shilohred) 2 camping

Jim and Judy Marshall (fish) 2 camping

Frank Craddock (craddock1) maybe a Saturday visit

12. I will try to make it, but seems this year something came up every time. Maybe 2012 will be a better year for me!

13. Lord willing and the creek don't rise "Again" ,,me and the girls are there...
    Im planning on using the new boat all I can this year...
    :wink:
    PJ

14. I'm very interested in this one. Not sure if will be camping, but I only live about 1hr away. So depending on where exactly it is at if I don't camp I should at least make it by.

15. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

Pete and Marylyn Kildow (Shilohred) 2 camping

Jim and Judy Marshall (fish) 2 camping

Frank Craddock (craddock1) maybe a Saturday visit

Newton Styers (cntryboy) ? camping

John Wiley (puddle jumper) 3 camping with boat

Derek (mcd3213) maybe a visit

If you are even thinking of coming to the gathering post so we have an idea. You can post later that you won't be able to make this gathering. I know of a few folks within an hour’s drive that have been asking for a gathering that have not posted.

If you post and don't have the transportation then we may be able to make arraignments with a fellow brother or sister to get you here and maybe even a place to sleep. Please post if you even just want to attend and we can go from there. It is common for members to share a ride and camp separately

16. mcfd, The gathering will be at Harrison Bay State Park. You will love it, just come on up and join in the fun, just a bunch of good folks, you won't be sorry.

17. Never been to harrison bay, but I know where it is. Not too far at all of a drive. My fishing buddy actually don't live too far from there in hixon.

18. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

Dereck get your fishing buddy to join you and come on over to the gathering. We usually try and have an evening meal and get together on Saturday where everyone contributes something be it food, plates, flatware, etc.. You don't have to be a camper to participate just willing to eat and have fun. Families are also welcome as this is a clean family friendly event.

19. Well if I am still kicking count me donna and the dogs in on this also. I won't be back fromtexas until the middle of march but this should give us time to get it done. I should have the toon also

20. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

where in the heck have you been hiding. We can't get this gathering going with out you brother. Now it will be complete and don't read back about all the stuff other people said it doesn't matter