annual catstock gathering in august check it out

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Feb 12, 2012.

1. were having our annual gathering on aug 3rd 4th 5th 2012 at carlyle lake. camping, fishing, boating, sinker making, BSing, and whetever else happens. check out the gatherins area on home page for details and whos coming. we had them in 2004 with 30+ members and they were great. attendance has shrunk but we still have a good time. would like to get more folks coming. if its your first one you wont be dissapointed. we always have a good time.

ive had luggage blow off the car and lost boat keys ect... but still have a good time.:laugh: wives kids friends are all welcome. last year psycomakanik (spelling) mark and his friends caught a blue over 40 lbs.

i will have a lead pot and molds with me. try and find some lead to bring too. if anyone else had lead bring it with ya well pour sinkers.

reservations are open on reserveamerica.com for eldonhazlett campground. we camp in the illini loop sites 1-15 area.

veets has 10 reserved.
    cats4uandme has site 11 reserved.

come on down.:roflmao:

2. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

Thanks for posting this. It never fails. So far I've had to work or had other plans when this is going on. We're going to be out west this year. Hope to be able to make it one of these years.

3. the campground we stay is is old groth hardwoods real shady. good cause its usually warm. the store up at the entrance is a genral store. ice food camping supplies every thing one light need. tackle, bug spray ect... they have a big clean pool thats public. think it was $3 per person per day. it has a sloped end that goes from nothing to 4 foot. even toddlers can play in it. last year they even had a sprinkler for the kids going on the pool patio area. and the other part of the l shaped pool is 4-8 foot or something like that. adults can swim and kids can play in the sloped end. good for all. we took the kids up last year before the storms rolled in lol.

theres cabins for those who want air conditioning. of course me and a few others even have ac in out tents lol.

come on down if you can. all welcome.

4. heres the pool. found a pic on the net. the side with the mushroom thing is the sloped kids side. it has a a pump that runs water off the top like a fountain.

5. Veets

Veets New Member

Hey folks, I'm thinking about sneaking down to Lake Carlyle to camp at Eldon Hazlett March 22nd to the 25th. Dean "Recon Hall" is going to join me for some early spring fishing. If anyone out there would like to join us or stop by for a visit we'd be glad to see ya. Cabin fever is really working on me and I got to get away for a few days.:eek1:

6. Veets

Veets New Member

Going to have to put the March trip off a bit. Too much going on for me over the next several weeks. Still set for August though.

Waiting on my boat sticker and need to organize my camper and camping gear. Maybe I'll get down to Carlyle in May.

7. Veets May would be prime time for the fishing .

8. Sh sh sh kill kill kill...naked fatman lurking

9. Should I add the last 2 years me and my buddies caught several fish in the 50 pound range?

10. Veets

Veets New Member

And I can vouch for that. Although my eyes were a little blurry there around 2 or 3 in the morning. :laugh:

11. Mark That one last year was closer to 60 IMHO. What a great fish. Oh and don't forget the food.

NaaaKe fatman. Good to see you lurking. Hope you can make it down to catstock again sometime.

12. slimy

slimy New Member

I get off the boat on the 8th ;( y'all have fun

13. for one how did u get air condishning in the tents and second i will be there this will be my first gathering what cam site is it is it kyestport

14. what camp site is it at and how much is the site a night so i can make my resorvations thanks guys

15. It's not at Keyesport. It's at Eldon Hazlett campgrounds. And all you have to do to air condition a tent is put an air conditionewr through a window, support it on both sides, and plug it in ! I go out of the way and insulate the top and outside walls of the tent and use 2 15,000 btu air conditioners. But I like seeing my breath when I'm ready to go to sleep! LOL

16. holy cow it must be nice lol i have like 6 fans i put in mine were is that campground at

17. i am making reservation in two weeks do i need to bring food or what do i need to bring thanks guys

18. http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsiteSearch.do

click that link. it will take you to the reserve site. to reserve it wich i strongly recommend as they get booked early. as a few are gone already. its $20 per night and a $5 reserve fee. i got sight 11 for thurs through sunday $85. to be close to the group try and stick with about 7-15. illini loop as in the above link.

as far as the air. i put a small window unit on a bucket or camp chair and smash it to the window. then put a comfortor over the top of tent and air unit leaving the back of ac open to exaust. the tent shakes with cold air. awesome sleeping when its 90+ degrees.

hope to see you there. its a good time.

go to the home page and go down to the bottom and go in the gatherings page. we discuss the details there. this was to draw new folks attention. the food??? well discuss that in the coming months. we usually all bring something to add to the smorgasboard.

click this link to go directly to the catstock thread.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?177923-Illinois-gathering-Catstock

directions for you from st louis

55.2 mi- about 1 hour 12 mins
    [TABLE="class: adp-directions"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]1.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Head south on S Tucker Blvd toward Walnut St
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]62 ft
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]2.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Take the 1st left onto Walnut St
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.3 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]3.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn right onto S 8th St
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.4 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]4.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left onto Gratiot St
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]348 ft
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]5.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left to merge onto I-64 E/US-40 E
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.5 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]6.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Continue onto I-70 E Entering Illinois
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]2.7 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]7.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Slight right onto I-64 E/IL-3 N (signs for Louisville/St Clair Ave) Continue to follow I-64 E
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]16.1 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]8.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Take exit 19B to merge onto US-50 E/Air Mobility Dr toward Carlyle Continue to follow US-50 E
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]1.1 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]9.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn right to stay on US-50 E
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]3.7 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]10.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left onto S Madison St
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.6 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]11.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn right onto US-50 E/Federal Aid Secondary 1780/E St Louis St Continue to follow US-50 E
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]23.8 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]12.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left onto IL-127 N
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]3.0 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]13.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn right onto Co Rd 1700 N/Hazlet Park Rd/Hazlet State Park Rd
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.9 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]14.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left onto Hazlet Park Rd/Hazlet State Park Rd Continue to follow Hazlet Park Rd
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]1.9 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]15.
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]Turn left
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: adp-substep"]0.1 mi
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

19. ya you dont need a camper to have ac. me and mark are high-teck rednecks.:laugh:

20. lol i love that i am not the only redneck around i have it tated acrost my hart lol but it will not let me resurve a spot i wont some thing right on the water if possable or maybe next to u so i no how i am talking to lol and do thay alow dogs or is it a dry county