2012 Indiana gathering at New Amsterdam July 13 14 15

Discussion in 'CATFISH GATHERINGS' started by billcatfish, Mar 13, 2012.

1. catfish land

catfish land New Member

i fish enough tourneys throughout the year just going to relax and bullshit with the guys, and catch a few fish

2. X2,me also Jon...

3. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

ah i wouldnt worry about the ramp im pretty shure we will have enough trucks like my diesel to pull people up if they need it.

4. I can hardly wait, been spending most of this spring getting prepped. I got the hitch fabbed up and on the camper (so I can tandem the boat behind), ran the trailer wiring for the boat yesterday. Getting ready to do bearings on both the camper and boat trailer. Everything is looking pretty good. I have been squeezing in a few fishing trips now and then, although I have nothing to brag about so far this spring, lol. Michele has been on me about going camping, so I recon a trip to Cataract is in the near future, it will be a good shake down trip for the tandem towing experience.
    I havent come up with any ideas for the gathering dinner yet, but it looks like everybody else is in the same boat as I havent seen much posted yet. Bill, are you going to start a food thread like we have done in the past?
    Later fellas.

5. RonSki

RonSki New Member

I can't wait either Barry!!! As you might have noticed. I'll just keep going down there until everyone shows up ;) I will be down early, on Wednesday, so any food I can contribute will come from the nearest grocery store as I'll have no real way to keep anything fresh. Anyone for BBQ shad? Lol!!

6. The bait shop is up and running,camp grounds are mowed off,and both entrance & exit ramps have been re-surfaced with the dozer"Thank you Alan & Cathy.....Already have seen 4-5 different campers come "enjoy" and go....the fish are coming on.....We are ready here in New Amsterdam!!!

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

IN
    Winston
    LOL,
    You think you're Adam Roberts don't ya?:cool1:

...W

8. LMAO! No, not hardly, although he does have all the cool toys. I'm just a poor white boy tryin to make his way through this world, lol. If neccesity is the mother of invention, beeing poor (or cheap) is the father of fabrication.

9. did you get to get out an pull it this weekend how did it work out

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

IN
    Winston
    Barry,
    You had better plan your route to New Amsterdam very carefully so you don't have to turn that bad-boy rig around:eek1:

...W

11. slowride

slowride New Member

Well I`m ready to head that way. The thunder storms held me off this weekend, I`ll be watching the weather for the 5th, if it looks good I`ll be coming down for some R&R!

12. Bill, the rig rows great. The truck don't like the big hills, but gets along ok.
    Winston, yes I agree, route planning is essential .

13. [​IMG] Originally Posted by Wabash River Bear[​IMG]LMAO! No, not hardly, although he does have all the cool toys. I'm just a poor white boy tryin to make his way through this world, lol. If neccesity is the mother of invention, beeing poor (or cheap) is the father of fabrication.
    Barry,
    You had better plan your route to New Amsterdam very carefully so you don't have to turn that bad-boy rig around:eek1:

...W

** There is 2 ways in from the state hwy 135... Lickford bridge rd. & Heth Washington rd.. Tractor trailers travel both frequently delivering equipment to the mulzer stone quarry 5mi. up river from NA....You'll be o.k,if you need,or anyone needs up to the minute travel info just PM me,the county hwy dept is doing work in several spots on Heth Washington rd at the moment and i don't know if they will be done by july....they tend to take their time round here!!!

14. As the time gets closer, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some contact info for a couple of you local NA guys.

15. Cathy and Allen Coffman 812-732-4935
    Shaun 812-732-8130 ( Home )

Call them anytime they will be glad to help with any questions.

16. Hkdup

Hkdup New Member

i really doubt the tournament will have any affect on you guys. theres usually 20-25 boats and bout half go up and the dedicated ones go down and fish their normal holes.

17. biga

biga New Member

and he was the first to laugh when he seen me do it!!! lol

18. biga

biga New Member

thats because its a dodge!!! i sold my dodge as soon as i got back from cumberland city last year .. lol that was the longest 3hrs of my life pulling a boat up and down hills with a dodge truck..... lol

19. looking forward to this gathering... been a while since ive been to one

20. ready to get this show on the road little over a month an its time going to post a food thread so we can start getting things togather for the dinner on saterday any one else have any thing else they wanna add