Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Making a Custom Minnow Trap
05-05-2006, 10:57 PM #1
Custom Minnow Trap TutorialHere is my custom trap and a walk through on how I did it, if there are any questions, just ask.
REMOVE THESE ADS
BECOME A LEVEL 2
1/4 inch galvanized mesh
tarred twine or zipties
Dremel or other cutting tool
For pieces of galvanized you will need:
4- 6"x6 1/4"
How I do it!
1. Take the 8"x8" and cut a square inch from every corner
2. Take the 8"x8" and fold the edges up at one inch
3. Once finished, the piece should look something like this
4. Get the 6"x14" pieces and attach them to the end piece
5. This adds a slight bit of structure to the trap
6. This is where I started my lock stitch
7. When stitching, start and get the end panel in place and stich around.
8. Start stitching the sides in place, leave about 5 squares for the funnel
9. When finished with the sides, it should look similar to this
10. Now start on the funnel, get the 6"x6 1/4" inch pieces and follow the pattern, leave on inch at the top, then it is one square over and 2 down for the cuts
11. You should have four pieces that look like this
12. Take two of the pieces and lay one on top of the other and start the stitching at the narrow end of the pieces til you get to the 1 inch section and stop there
Last edited by Whistler; 01-26-2007 at 02:10 PM.
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM #213. When finished the funnel should look like this
14. Take and place the funnel in the end of the trap, and start to stich with the twine from the sides
15. Stitch around the top, and you will be 90% done! Should look like this
16. Now cut a hole in one of the sides which will become the top, for your access door, mine is 2 1/2" square. Then take a piece of mesh 3" square for the door and stitch it on one side for a hinge.
17. This is an optional step, you can cut a small hole in the back end of the trap and make a bait box that will fit in the opening. If you create a bait box, make another door to cover the opening and stitch on one side.
There you have it, I should have taken some more pics, but got caught up in the fabrication, and wanted to get it done. The instructions here are for a MINI style trap, here is a comparison shot next to my trap for the give away The standard is 8"x8"x18" the MINI is 6"x6"X14"
Thanks for looking
Last edited by Whistler; 05-08-2006 at 10:55 PM.