Here is my custom trap and a walk through on how I did it, if there are any questions, just ask.
1/4 inch galvanized mesh
tarred twine or zipties
Dremel or other cutting tool
For pieces of galvanized you will need:
4- 6"x6 1/4"
How I do it!
1. Take the 8"x8" and cut a square inch from every corner
2. Take the 8"x8" and fold the edges up at one inch
3. Once finished, the piece should look something like this
4. Get the 6"x14" pieces and attach them to the end piece
5. This adds a slight bit of structure to the trap
6. This is where I started my lock stitch
7. When stitching, start and get the end panel in place and stich around.
8. Start stitching the sides in place, leave about 5 squares for the funnel
9. When finished with the sides, it should look similar to this
10. Now start on the funnel, get the 6"x6 1/4" inch pieces and follow the pattern, leave on inch at the top, then it is one square over and 2 down for the cuts
11. You should have four pieces that look like this
12. Take two of the pieces and lay one on top of the other and start the stitching at the narrow end of the pieces til you get to the 1 inch section and stop there