Its time for silly season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dale Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Default Its time for silly season

well sounds like its time for silly season to start. Listening to SiriusXM NASCAR radio this morning with Buddy Baker and Rick Benjamen they were reporting that Carl Edwards may be going to the JGR 20 car. sponsorship contract ends on the 99, Joey contract ends in the 20 and with his under performance it is doubtful that he will be resigned, man talk about the next super team

also report of Juan Montoya going to Red Bull, seems to have the right international flavor

Also was listening to Dave Moody the other day had some inside info on where Mark Martin will be headed, said he was thinking he was headed to a new cup team, kinda left with the impression that maybe Dale Jr/JMS may make the jump to cup with a GoDaddy car backed by Hendrick , wouldn't it be cool see Mark in a #8 car

Man thats a lot of speculation wouldn't you say?:? time will tell

Dale Miller------Yobud------Colorado River,, if you use it please take care of it

Bryan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Carl moving to Gibbs (and almost willing to bet on it), but I can see Montoya going to red bull. I'm not even going to comment on the rest. Hard to see MM going another full season with the way this one has been going.

Dale Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Balex123 View Post
    I don't see Carl moving to Gibbs (and almost willing to bet on it), but I can see Montoya going to red bull. I'm not even going to comment on the rest. Hard to see MM going another full season with the way this one has been going.
    Well pulled this up on Carl Edwards To Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 20 In 2012? | Lead Lap's NASCAR News

As far as MM goes his ride is up with Hendrick after this season as he will be replaced with Kasey Kahne
    Dale Miller------Yobud------Colorado River,, if you use it please take care of it

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

ill put a million carl stays right where hes at.

hollis
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought MM and Burton would never drive a Chevy in my life. I'd think if Gibbs and Toyota offer Carl the right amount of cash, he'll go.? Just a thought of mine.

Dale Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Sounds like the Montoya deal is a dead issue, reports are Red Bull will pull out of NASCAR after the end of the year.

Really got to think Carl would give the 20 car hard consideration, got a 2 time champ crew chief running the show there

got to believe the MM deal is never going to happen, powers to be(Kelly E and Tony SR) at JRMS say no cup cars in the near future, and after yesterdays race at Mich. with MM putting JR into the wall don't think jr is to happy with him right now

Walt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

yeah but, the new ford engine package is just now showing its dominance. Will Carl risk leaving that kind of power behind?

Walt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Carl Edwards re-signs with Roush-Fenway Racing. And it looks like Danica Patrick will run a full schedule with Jr. Motorsports in the Nationwide series and a limited schedule in the Cup series with Stewart-Haas Racing.

Edwards re-signs with Roush Fenway Racing - Aug 04, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal - Aug 02, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

Dale Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    Carl Edwards re-signs with Roush-Fenway Racing. And it looks like Danica Patrick will run a full schedule with Jr. Motorsports in the Nationwide series and a limited schedule in the Cup series with Stewart-Haas Racing.

Edwards re-signs with Roush Fenway Racing - Aug 04, 2011 - NASCAR.COM

Report: Patrick finalizing full-time Nationwide deal - Aug 02, 2011 - NASCAR.COM
    last thing heard is Danica is waiting for a release from Paul Tracy before she can sign ....got to believe that's not going to come cheep. Got to think Go Daddy goes away when Danica goes, going to take a big($$$$) name from the Indy ranks to keep Go Daddy happy

Now with Carl being signed don't be surprised to Greg Zipadelli take off to 14 car ,was in the rummer mill a few weeks back

Dale Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    last thing heard is Danica is waiting for a release from Paul Tracy before she can sign ....got to believe that's not going to come cheep. Got to think Go Daddy goes away when Danica goes, going to take a big($$$$) name from the Indy ranks to keep Go Daddy happy

Now with Carl being signed don't be surprised to Greg Zipadelli take off to 14 car ,was in the rummer mill a few weeks back

Then with Mark Martin's relationship with Go Daddy and with out a ride just wonder if he doesn't end up at Stewart Hass driving the races Danica doesn't along with Darian Grubb as the crew chief, Mark says he may not want to race full time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast