Lake Tillery Water Access

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ernest Parker
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Tillery Water Access

My wife traveled to Lake Tillery several weeks ago just to look around.
    We saw a water access called Swift Island Access.Does anyone know anything about this access.We are from Gastonia,NC. We are looking
    forward to fishing on Lake Tillery.What would be the best access for us
    being we are new to the area?

Ace :0a20: :0a35:

CMJ
    monster catfish

Default Swift Island

Hey , Swift Island boat ramp is fine as long as the lake level is not down more that 3 feet or so. Seems like about once or twice a year they drop the lake level for one reason or the other. Just check the progress energy web site before you go. There is usually plenty of bait not far from the boat ramp.

dick
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.progress-energy.com/about...dro/graphs.asp

Here is the link. When you go to tillery, would you please post a report?

Ernest Parker
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to CMJ and dwreel.

I want to thank you two men for your help on Lake Tillery access.
    For all the threads I have read from the people that fish Tillery.You would think they would know more about the lake access.I do not know why they are so closed mouth.I know every water access on Lake Wylie.I would be more than happy to help any one. .:thumbsup:

Ace :cat:

michael

Post Thanks / Like

hey ace its not that everyone on here is tight liped about tillery. i think everybody on here fishes out of swift island access. i dont know for sure but i dont think there is another boat landing above 73 bridge unless it is private which wouldnt do you any good anyway. the reason i say above 73 bridge is that is because all these fishing reports are coming from that area. there may be a small boat landing at morrow mountain state park but you will be fishing on there hours. i rode down the lake one day and saw a nice boat landing about 1-2 miles below the 73 bridge but i dont know the name of it or how to get to it. i tell you this if you go down there when it is 20 degrees, you dont want to have to ride no longer than you got too. so i think everyone just fish out of swift island and there is bait in that cove which is a big help also. its a good landing when there is water and most of the time there is . hope this helps.

Glenn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Tillery Access

The Swift Island access is the one I prefer. I've been out of Morrow Mountain State Park and the ramp is nice, but if the waters flowing, it is pretty tough to get your boat back on the trailer. I learned the hard way. The water up in that part of the lake is shallow with the depth around 10 ft or less. Not much room to park either, and the gate closes at 6:00, so if you are on the water after then, I hope you've got plenty of bait, food and a good coat.

Ernest Parker
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Michael and seaark for the info.

You just answered my question .I just felt that people did not want to help.
    I want to get down that way and fish Lake Tillery.I did not know that there were that few lake accesses on the lake.I just wanted to make sure I used the right access when I come down to fish.

Ace :0a31:

michael

Post Thanks / Like

hey ace you might want to give it alittle time before you may the drive. the fishing is hit or miss right now but that could change anytime. it sure is not as good now as it was back in jan. the current plays a big roll in this lake and in badin. they havent been pulling much water on the weekends lately.

Mason
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a spot called Lilly's Bridge below Swift Island. Once you cross the lake , turn right onto 73. Continue about a mile and you will see a white sign from the Commission. Turn right at this sign and keep straight about 3 miles to the ramp on the right.

Rick
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tillery ramps.

There is a ramp in Morrow Mountain State park on the upper end of the lake. There is also a ramp near Norwood. You would turn onto Indian Mound road from 24/27. I think it's at least 5 miles or more where you turn onto a small road that goes down ot the ramp. Easy to miss that road where the ramp is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast