CA Delta Catfishing Spots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mance

Post Thanks / Like

Default CA Delta Catfishing Spots

Does anyone know of any good catfishing holes in the Delta? :confused2:

I launch my boat from either Franks Tract or Orwood and I would love to be educated on the hot spots in the area. :big_smile:

Any suggestions will be helpful...:big_smile_2:

Thanks,
    Mance

Bert McGhee Jr.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

:worship::0a25:
    Welcome to the B.O.C. "Mance". :big_smile:

I do all of my fishing from the bank (don't own a boat :0a14::sad2:), , but when I go up to the Delta this is what I go by:

For Fish in numbers:
    I like to go up to the Tracy area of the Delta ("Whiskey Slough Area", "Cal Pack Road Area", Anywhere off of "Whiskey Slough Rd." & Beacon Inland Rd.).

For Size (& sometimes numbers):
    I always go with the Stockton & Lodi areas of the Delta (Anywhere in the Northern Part of the Delta).
    :0a26:
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

Ray...Bayrunner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flex1 View Post
    Does anyone know of any good catfishing holes in the Delta? :confused2:

I launch my boat from either Franks Tract or Orwood and I would love to be educated on the hot spots in the area. :big_smile:

Any suggestions will be helpful...:big_smile_2:

Thanks,
    Mance
    Mance, Welcome to the BOC..... Bert is the man with the experience at the Delta......... I have been there a time or two and have done many miles there myself.....

Since you have a boat, you can launch out of "Dose Rios" on the San Jouguin river, or where the river road crosses the San Jouquin at Mossdale Landing...just south where there is another launch ramp....... I like the area South of Mossdale marina, which has several deep holes.... but you need the boat for that.... can get shallow up there (south) so watch you depth finder for the sand.......

Hope that you can get down south some and meet up with folks at the Mendota gathering in April......

Bayrunner Ray

daniel

Post Thanks / Like

welcome mance,i'm a conductor the bnsf railroad and our main line swings right by whiskey slough and orwood.i don't know the area outside of the railroad but i always see plenty of people around the whiskey slough area sometimes a little to close to the main for comfort.well good luck, look forward to a update from ya.

elodio

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing spots

does anyone know how the fishing is on Jackson slough Rd it's
    off hwy 12 near rio vista? what's the best area for cat's this time
    of year?

Ray Smith
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First off welcome to the site esanchez! I am sure Someone can steer you in the right dierection.

Jeff
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Default Mance

Welcome to the USCA/BOC, I fish the Tracy Area quite often and know a lot of good spot for both Cats and Stripers, PM me and I will give you some advice. - Fishfeen

aaron
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably gonna give the mossdale area a try soon, never fished there before but i hear its the area to search for the larger channel cats. I am mostly a lake guy since I am located in the middle of all the mother lode lakes, Hogan Lake being the closest. I will try and post what I find on the river, dont know whats gonna happen still kinda early in the year but what the heck.

Robb

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Good luck Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by gowanstarr View Post
    Probably gonna give the mossdale area a try soon, never fished there before but i hear its the area to search for the larger channel cats. I am mostly a lake guy since I am located in the middle of all the mother lode lakes, Hogan Lake being the closest. I will try and post what I find on the river, dont know whats gonna happen still kinda early in the year but what the heck.
    Good luck brother! Stretch some lips and we will be waiting for a report.

FRANK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SHERMAN ISLAND ROAD JUST OFF OF THE ANTIOCH BRIDGE...EXCELLENT SHOREFISHING RIGHT OFF OF THE LEVEE ROAD....I WAS ORIGINALLY FROM ANTIOCH...BOAT SPOT FOR SOME LARGE CATS AND STRIPERS THE WATERS RIGHT BY THE PG AND E PLANT OFF OF THE ANTIOCH BRIDGE....TIGHT LINES GOOD LUCK....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast