Abu Garcia 6000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu Garcia 6000

Clifton but I g

Post Thanks / Like

Default Abu Garcia 6000

I found a guy that is selling three brand new Abu Garcia 6000 for less than fifty dollars a peice. Is the 6000 modle big enough to handle fish over fifty pounds or should I wait to find a 6500 modle?:roll_eyes:

Bryan
    Post Thanks / Like

New Abu 6000's for under $50 is no huge deal. (good deal, but not a great deal) If I'm not mistaken the Red 6000's (w/ bushings rather than berings) are $55 or $60 @ Walmart every day. I used to have contact info for a guy who sold refusrbished Abu's for a real big discouint. If I'm not mistaken 6000's were around $35. THese reels came w/ a warranty too. If you want me to try and find his info I can.

Ross
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garcia 6000's

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Mellon View Post
    New Abu 6000's for under $50 is no huge deal. (good deal, but not a great deal) If I'm not mistaken the Red 6000's (w/ bushings rather than berings) are $55 or $60 @ Walmart every day. I used to have contact info for a guy who sold refusrbished Abu's for a real big discouint. If I'm not mistaken 6000's were around $35. THese reels came w/ a warranty too. If you want me to try and find his info I can.

Bryan,
    Id like that info about the refurbished Garcia 6000 reels if its not too much trouble. Thanks rspd507

Ross
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Garcia 6000

Clifton,
    I have four of the Garcia 6000 reels and am very satisfied with them. Ive landed fish over 30 pounds with no problem at all. Never landed a fifty so I cant say how they perform with a fish of that size. As far as paying under fifty dollars a piece, thats not the best deal going. I picked mine up of ebay for $35 to $38 dollars a piece. rspd507

Clifton but I g

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by H2O Mellon View Post
    Yes, if its not to much trouble I could use the information.:big_smile:

Charles Jackson III
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Abu 6000 and I love my I have caught lots of cats on it. But $50 bucks is almost a new 6000.

Vince
    Post Thanks / Like

There won't be any difference in landing different size fish between the 6000 and the 6500. They're the same reel with the exception of difference in the number of bearings. Even the new 6000s have one spool bearing in them instead of two bushings. The drive gears and the drag washers are the same between the two, and that's what fights the fish. About the only advantage the 6500 with the higher number of bearings will give you is longer casting distance if you are having to cast far from the bank.

You can get refurbished or "display model" 6000s all day long on ebay for between 30.00 and 40.00.

Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ateamfisherman

What about a 6600 is it a good reel for the job of catching big fish. I can get a combo at walmart for 69.99 is that a good deal I may go buy two of them if you think so ? thanks Sam Davis

Ross
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walmart combo 6600

Quote Originally Posted by ateamfisherman View Post
    What about a 6600 is it a good reel for the job of catching big fish. I can get a combo at walmart for 69.99 is that a good deal I may go buy two of them if you think so ? thanks Sam Davis
    Sam,
    You need to take a closer look at that combo at walmart. Those are the Garcia's that are now made in China. If you look at them, you will see that the level wind guides are plastic instead of metal. Some here also have found them to have cheaper made gears in them. rspd507

Vince
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I build all of mine from scratch from surplus parts. I know exactly what's in em and, THEY'RE MADE IN AMERICA! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast