Does Torre lose his job?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chad
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does Torre lose his job?

Okay, the Yankees are watching TV now through the world series again. Does Joe Torre take the fall? Should he?

Big Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ball

He will probably take the fall from Stienbrenner. He has been around since dirt!:ooooh::smile2: He will get the blame for the team, but it's not his fault the pitchers cant pitch and the hitters can't hit.:tounge_out:

Glenn
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was Joe Torre I would tell that George Steinbrenner to kiss my a$$,and I wouldn't put up with anymore of his bull$hit! I'd tell him to get his sorry a$$ down there in the dugout and start calling the shots,and see how many games he could win. I get so tired of his BS,and I think it's funny he thinks his damn money can buy him championships. If he does fire Torre,and I think he's going to,I hope he has a hard time finding someone to take that job. I know I wouldn't manage that team under any circumstances as long as that SOB was the owner. Have you guessed by now that I don't like Georgie Boy? If you haven't,then you are dumber than he is,and I don't think anyone on the BOC is that dumb. He may be a good business man,but when it comes to baseball he is dumber than a box of rocks. Sorry about the length of this post,but that damn Steinbrenner just makes my blood curdle.

Mike Smith
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gordhawk View Post
    If I was Joe Torre I would tell that George Steinbrenner to kiss my a$$,and I wouldn't put up with anymore of his bull$hit! I'd tell him to get his sorry a$$ down there in the dugout and start calling the shots,and see how many games he could win. I get so tired of his BS,and I think it's funny he thinks his damn money can buy him championships. If he does fire Torre,and I think he's going to,I hope he has a hard time finding someone to take that job. I know I wouldn't manage that team under any circumstances as long as that SOB was the owner. Have you guessed by now that I don't like Georgie Boy? If you haven't,then you are dumber than he is,and I don't think anyone on the BOC is that dumb. He may be a good business man,but when it comes to baseball he is dumber than a box of rocks. Sorry about the length of this post,but that damn Steinbrenner just makes my blood curdle.
    I aint no baseball fan but Ive noticed Time Life Warner selling the yankees / dodgers world series from ages past on dvd featuring Reggie Jackson, like they "HE" expected a championship to happen this year.

bobby ingram
    Post Thanks / Like

i think joe should step aside on his own. he doesn't need the headache any more. he has proven he is a great manager. he has enough money to live comfortably and enjoy life now. the yankees will miss him after he is gone and when they don't win steinbrenner can jump off one of those tall buildings in new york city.

w

Post Thanks / Like

Expect the Yanks to make a run at LaRussa

Chad
    Post Thanks / Like

I too think Torre is going to take the fall for all this. I hope it is handled in a dignified manner (George isn't know for this) since Torre has done so much for the organization. I don't think there will be much difficulty landing a new coach though. Old George has deep pockets and there is always the prestige along with being the Yankees skipper.

Jim Dumont
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard that Don Mattingly is in the running for the job if Torre is fired or resigns. I think that the Yankees will probably burn through a manager or two in the next few years, unless their young pitchers live up to the hype and they're able to win a world series. Steinbrenner's expectation of winning the world series every year is outrageous. Spending ridiculously more money than everyone else doesn't guarantee a championship. It's too bad the owner can't be fired!

Angel
    Post Thanks / Like

He probably will take the fall. But the people that where expected to produce did not. Goes to show you that money cant buy everything. However we will gladly take him as a manager here in Philly.....lol... But it will probably never happened...:wink:

Glenn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
    Expect the Yanks to make a run at LaRussa
    Being a St.Louis Cardinal fan,I would be happy to see LaRussa go to the Yankees. I just hope he does not come back to St.Louis next year. I never have liked LaRussa as a manager. Of course if he goes anywhere he'll have to take his side kick Duncan with him,which would make me very happy. Those two always have more sore armed pitchers than any other team in baseball. That goes back to their days in Oakland. They know about as much about handling a pitching staff as I do about flying a airplane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast