Looking for input, live bait rig, double hook set up

alex
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for input, live bait rig, double hook set up

I read about a similar rig a while back on another forum, but can't find the thread again. This would be for a lake, not river.

Starting from the surface down

Bobber (i'll prob try a cigar float)
    about a 1' or 2' down, hook (thinking maybe a 12'' leader type set up)
    about 3' above the bottom another leader rig
    swivel
    about 2' of light 4 or 6 lb test line tied to a sinker

is this feasible? i figure double the bait, double the chances, not to mention benefit of bait near the surface and bait near the bottom. The light line is of course if it gets snagged up i can snap it and only lose my weight, as apposed to the entire slip bobber rig.

ROGER
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GOOD LUCK

SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD WORK TO ME BUT I AM NO EXPERT.BUT I DO KNOW CATS FEED JUST UNDER THE SURFACE SOMETIMES.PUT IT WHERES THERE A FISH AND IT SHOULD DO YOU SOME GOOD.GOOD LUCK

cliff

Post Thanks / Like

Default double hook rig

i used to use a rig like that,dont know why i still dont. dont recall ever haveing any trouble with it, and it did double the amount of bait out their. try it and let us know of your results

John A
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I am a big believer in keeping things simple. That sounds like a whole lot of rigging to me. If the 2 baits are more than a couple of feet apart, then the whole rig will be very awkward. Early on I tried tieing up some fancy complicated rigs, and now and then I still try something different, but I always go back to a simple sliding siker rig, just varying the type of sinker for the bottom type and application. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Why not just put the 2 baits on 2 different rods? One with a bottom rig and one with a float rig?

alex
    Post Thanks / Like

the more and more i thought about this, and even got to the point where i was trying to set it up, i decieded that it wasn't worth the trouble, plus if i wanted to fish deeper water w/ a hook near the surface, it would make casting difficult, so went with the kiss method Keep It Simple Stupid.....

Bill
    Post Thanks / Like

I grew up and have used a rig close to the one you were talking about. The way I was taught by my dad was from the bottom up. Sinker, snap swivel, hook on a leader 12 to 16 inches up, up another 16 inches a second hook on a leader and then either a bobber or fish it tightline. Have tried them all and this one still works well for me at times although I do rig other ways sometimes.
    Bill