Shimano Baitrunner

Thanks Thanks:  0
Solid Answer Solid Answer:  0
    Jim Mosley

Default Shimano Baitrunner

Anybody looking for a good spinning reel should check out the Shimano Baitrunner series. They are really good they hold a good amount of line and the drags are really smooth. Plus the Baitrunner setting is especially nice any one have questions just E-mail me.

Default 4500 good stuff

Gotta agree with that. The 4500 baitrunner that I have is 15 years old and works as good as the day I bought it. I really love the adjustable clicker The bigget fish I've caught on mine was a 21# channel. The fish really tested the drag as I only had 12# line on it to get more distance from my casts. If I used spinning gear a lot I would definitely have more of them.

whatever it takes

Cheez

James H. Hopkins

Shimano reels have been my foundation since I started fishing for Carp and Wels Catfish. They have proven to be reliable and worth every penny that I have spent for them. The use of the Baitrunner models that I have has improved my abilty to get fish on the bank/shore. Great Products and I will replace as needed when necessary with the same brand. I also have the Okuma reels that are runner ups that have performed well to this point. When they have lasted as long and performed as well, I will have 2 standards to choose from.

HOPPY4

Good reading, guys. I've been thinking of buying a baitrunner, but wasn't sure if I would like them. After reading this thread, I think it would be a good choice. I mostly use baitcasters, but sometimes go for a spinning reel, and I need to add some more to my arsenal. Thanks.

I have a 6500 and its my favorite reel for the flatheads.

SSG Zac

are you using spinning reels for wels cats hoppy?

James H. Hopkins

zmany2k, That is my primary reel for the Wels that we catch. We also use Baitcasters, but some of the other fisherman have problems with them. I know of others that would not use them, but for me they are GREAT!!! I have the US Baitrunner 6500s Shimanos filled with PowerPro 100lb. and trust them to do the job. I also have the Okuma Epixors EB-80s that are up to the job. As stated in an earlier post somwhere, we have been known to have 13 rods out at one time with 5 guys fishing. This was in France where you can use 3 rods at one time normally. On this occaision, 4 of the reels that we were using were baitcaster. At that time they were Penns and Okumas. These are the same reels that I use for Saltwater fishing and have stood the test as they say. I can cast either of the reels without problem as I learned earlier in life with them and they are fun also. When you come over to fish with Andreas and I, you will see the setup that I use.

HOPPY4

Scott

i was planning on getting a shimano baitrunner but i have to explain to my mother why i need one lol. So if yall could tell me how they work and some advantages it has it would be much appreciated.

Jason Curl

I have 2 6500 baitrunners and 2 4500 baitrunners, they are almost the same except the 6500's are a lot bigger. They are just like a normal spinning reel except the have a nice roller bearing on the bail so that the line doesnt get too stressed out on that roller. They have a top drag on the spool, and then the baitrunner, which is a lever towards the bottom of the reel the you turn on. This allows the reel to free spool, it also has a drag in the clicker so you can adjust to heavy current or for bite sensitivity. You can turn off the baitrunner 2 ways, one is by just reeling in, or you can flip it off with the lever. Like I said I have 4 of these reels and I will never get another reel. They do the job for me, and what I fish for. Hope this helps.

Jim Leonard

Same here, I currently have one 6500B, two 4500B's and a 3500B(for the Frau). I've been replacing all my Garcia-Mitchells for the Shimano's, they're just so much more smooooooth. I especially like the baitrunner feature when fishing from the shore, which isn't to often.