Fishing the trinity river

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kevin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing the trinity river

where are some of the hot spots for fishing the trinity near Dallas?

Luke Clayton
    Post Thanks / Like

Default accessing the trinity

The Trinity is rip roaring below Dallas right now. I live about a mile from the East Fork and it's been running bank to bank for the past week or so. The Trinity got out of it's banks above Livingston. Now.. to answer your question. I would stay away from the Trinity, especially if you are a boater, for a while. At least until it becomes a bit more "normal" in elevation.
    There is a ramp at the Trinity and Hwy 287 below Richland Chambers Lake but negoting the river now would be a challenge for a very expert boat handler.. Best to wait till it's more stable or.... maybe fish off the bank around the ramp.. I am betting, even with 2 ounces of weight, it would be tough to keep a bait in positon with the swift current... good fishing!

Larry
    Post Thanks / Like

Default you are right

I live here in corsicana , just happen I was at the trinty today running a little over full band , like you said I would stay away from the ramp which is under water now , the curent to swift for me .

Jerry Fletcher
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I looked, the Trinity was still above flood stage at Liberty. Its a dangerous river its full length right now.

Casey Savage
    Post Thanks / Like

How about when the water goes down? I'm thinking about tryin' it out for some gar.

When I try to google anything about accessing the river I just get a bunch of info on the Dallas parks programs.

Jerry Fletcher
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat..._trinity.phtml

Access points to the Trinity. For gar fishing, the best seems to be down around the town of Trinity. Believe that's where Capt Kirk, the best gar guide in the state guides his foreign clients for gar. In-Fisherman had a report, both in its magazine and TV show about Doug Stange fishing with Kirk for gar. As I remember, several over 200 lbs were hung. The largest was caught by Stange and weighed over 230.

bobby ingram
    Post Thanks / Like

the corps of engineers site, at ft. worth district lake level report will tell you about the trinity river down until lake livingston. lake livingston down is in another district, which i do not know.

Kevin
    Post Thanks / Like

i knew it was up now, but i figure when it settles back down fishing should be really hott with new holes and new cover....

Gus

Post Thanks / Like

How is the Trinity looking now?

I would be interested to fish of off my YAK.

Any Recommendations?

Jerome
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trinity

Well I'm about 120miles south of Fort Worth and the Trinity is not looking too bad. Last week the fishing was pretty good on NIGHT CRAWLERS. Tried em earlier this evening on shad and perch with no luck, but I plan on going back at em at dawn!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast