Hot dog weiners for bait?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Adrian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot dog weiners for bait?

I hear about some of you talking about using weiners for bait. Are they very effective? How do you use them? I mean, do you cook em first, or just take them outta the packet and throw em in?

Also, if it matters, what is the best kind to use? They seem like they'd be pretty good cheap bait.

Michael Craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Adrian most fisherman love to experiment. Those that have used Hot Dogs successful. Cut them in small chunks, place them in a zip lock bag, and soak them in garlic or anise extract. Place them on a hook, leaving the point of the hook exposed and cast them out. I hope this works for you. You can do other baits the same way.:smile2:

IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME

Chris Stine
    Post Thanks / Like

I cut them in to 1/2in or 1in peaces, then use them like that or I'll put them in some Koolaid to change there color. I put the hook through the peace of hotdog then I turn the hook back in to the peace. It makes it weedless and you'll find that it won't cast off as much that way.

Gregory Ames Sr.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used them raw for bass,but never had a catfish hit them.:006::0a22:

Angel
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot dogs have worked for me I have caught plenty of them with this bait. You can also marinate them in garlic as Mickey has stated. Use them uncooked if you want you can zap them in the microwave on medium setting for about 10 seconds just to get the juices in them flowing (dont cook them they dont hold as well). Seems like the cheaper ones work better the pricey one that they mix chicken, turkey and beef in them. But I have used the pricey Ball Parks one with success also. So i guess you might have to do a little experimenting with them.
    Last edited by Bacardipr05; 07-28-2007 at 01:13 AM.

Larry
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i use

I use the little smokes with cheese , I as the meat market if they have any of these that the date is to run out , if so make me a deal. 99 percent of the time it works .

Willard King
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

A little trick I use with the dogs is when I get set up and anchored down I slice little thin slices off and pitch them in the water around the boat. If there are any minnows around they will boil the water fighting over the small floating pieces and that in turn lets the bigger fish hear or feel the feeding frenzy and they come searching for the bait fish,
    This has produced some good fish. Bass , crappie, and cats.

Randal Lewis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiners for bait

I use them until I can trap bream for cut bait. Buy the cheap ones $.79 / #.
    They work good except they don't stay on the hook very well in water with much current

New Orlens Pic.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Adrian most fisherman love to experiment. Those that have used Hot Dogs successful. Cut them in small chunks, place them in a zip lock bag, and soak them in garlic or anise extract. Place them on a hook, leaving the point of the hook exposed and cast them out. I hope this works for you. You can do other baits the same way.:smile2:
    Nuff said, thanks Mickey.

Ain't Rambling Fun ?

Laissez les bons temps rouler !

Andrew
    Post Thanks / Like

sometime I use them for trotlines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast