Jim moyer boss rods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aaron
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jim moyer boss rods

Anyone using these rods, they look alot like the quantum big cat. My uncle has a berc e cat and that was a 100$ plus rod. I like the sensitivity of the big cat MH that I own and was looking to but a heavy bigcat but havent found one yet. Then I came across these rods on catfish connection. Also I have heard some about the shakespear tiger rods, but not enough to make an informed decision . Thanks

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kaskas I have a berkley Ecat number 4. It is a very heavy duty rod. I love it. The new Jim moyer Boss rod is supposed to be just like the Ecat. I went and checked them out and I bought a boss number 3. The boss number 4 is just like the ECAT. I would highly recomend them.

On the other hand I have fished with the shakspere tiger rods and they are a very good rod also.

I like the boss and ecat rods better because they both have cork handles verses the foam on the shakespere

Aaron
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the "Boss" vs "Big cat"

I to like the cork handle better than foam. I just seen on catfish connection that they have also back in stock the quantum big cat heavy. I have a MH , the quantum seems to differ from the Jim Moyer in that it has less guides and that they are alum oxide vs stainless steel. The blanks are advertised as through handle and E glass for both. Whats your take on these rods and how they match up. Is the Jim Moyer price worth 2 quantum ?

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the quatum rods seem heavy in weight compared to the boss rod. Apparently the rod is made from different materials. I like the boss better. But if you have a quatum and like it you might stay with it and that way you can get more gear for the same price. JMHO

Aaron
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jim moyer for x mas

Just took the #3 out of the box from www.catfishconnection.com . Its for my fishing buddy for X mas . It seems to have alot more action in the tip compared to the quantum big cat and cattmax rods. I hope he likes it. Merry Christmas everybody!!!

John Danner
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two old E-cat rods and love them, Jims Moyer designed of the orignial E-cat Rod and his boss rod is just like the E-cat rod.

Brad Kilpatrick
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told that the Boss rods have a stainless tip on them that tends to get a groove worn in them over time. Not sure what kind of line caused this condition but I would imagine it was a braid. They would be better if they had an insert in the tip. I decided to steer clear of them for this reason and am having a custom rod built for me.

Demetrius Kinnis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default boss rods

Thats weird, the 3 boss rods I own, have got inserts and I have been using powerpro with them for the last year.

Brad Kilpatrick
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm... Maybe I was Misinformed, but thats what I heard. Irregardless, I'm gettin a custom now, but in the future I'd definatly buy one If you like them slim. I Know Your after the Big boys like Me

Demetrius Kinnis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big fish

You got that right Brad. This year I am determined to catch a 80lb yellowcat. I don't care if it comes off rod n reel, limbline or bankpole, I am gonna catch a hawg!!! I may even come back out your way, I know a river and a few lakes that harbor flats that size :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast