Killer dough ball for carp and hopefully catfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    james whitaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Killer dough ball for carp and hopefully catfish.

Folks I mixed up a doughball last saturday and caught 2 carp within minutes. I made the dough ball hopeing for a catfish bite and turns out that it is a killer carp bait. I think I had one cat hit though, It was a real slow hit whit short slow tugs. Those carp really stip your line quick. either way i fished about an hour and caught two carp and missed about five more hits. Probably because i was about ten yards from my pole throwing a rooster tail around. here is the doughball. ! box of cherry jello , two tablespoons of molasses, and flour and water until you can make a ball that will stay on the hook. use just enough to cover your hook. folks believe me it works. try it and let me know how you do. I am not getting to post alot right now between work and fishing so bare with me.

jose soto
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds good i might mix it up before i go out next good luck with it

jose

Michael Craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

James good luck with your new dowbait. Keep us informed on how many you are catching with it. Sounds simple to make. Thanks for sharing.:sad2:
    IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

You can add some "wheaties" or wheat germ to get some fiber on it ...

Also, strawberry jello works real well ...

Mark
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a killer recipe for carp. use a couple cups of cornmeal and add it to a batch of strawberry jello with a little extra sugar in it. when it starts to get thick, roll it into little balls and put it on snelled treble hooks and freeze it. it may not help you fill your freezer. but it'll sure help you teach a kid how a drag works. here's another hint. if your in a place with a lot of carp, dont bring 2 poles.......

Melvin Rose
    Post Thanks / Like

I take equal parts of oatmeal, flour, and cottonseed meal. Mix together and add whatever liquid you prefer to make a stiff dough. I use water or a little beer. I have used this all my life and if there is a hungery carp around it will find it.
    I mixed up some last summer and put it in a ziplock bag and forgot it. The bag was air tight so the bait didnt dry out but it really got rank. I tried it in late fall and not only did I catch carp but I caught several good size channel cats that day.

jacob mccullough
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing i love carp they fight hard...i'l try it soon

brian

Post Thanks / Like

I made 2 batches the other day. One just like you said and in the 2nd batch I used blood drained off chicken livers and deer blood from some steaks the wife was thawing instead of water. I will try both soon and see which works best. I think the blood may help with cats.

David

Post Thanks / Like

:confident::0a23:hey give this a shot i have been using this for 17years take a loaf of bread old or new does not matter a jar of cheap peanut butter, cinnamon, and vanilla
    tear up bread into a large bowl
    take cinnamon and dust bread in what ever way and amount you want
    take vanilla and drop in where ever and how ever much you want
    take jar of pb and spoon it all out into bowl (of course not not the biggest jar on the shelf or the smallest ) now it's time to get your ands dirty just start needing it all together usually i just grab and squeeze over and over and fold it onto itself and repeat until i get a good consistancy you can usually tellif its to dry or to moist just add bread for moist or add pb for dry
    use a ball on what ever hook you like it catches all kinds of carp and cats don't make the ball to big about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch around and lob it out don't throw it as hard as you can it will come of if you do that it should make enough bait for a few trips and just ball it up into 3 or 4 balls to put back into bread bag and your good to go

brian

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to try something different this weekend. Unflavored gelatin, chicken livers juiced in a blender, and floul. I tried the recipe first posted on here yesterday with no luck. But it stayed on a #8 treble hook real good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast