Quantcast
Broad River

In Memory of MRR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broad River

Tony
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Broad River

Hey all you catfish slayers out there! I use to catfish some on the broad river between chester and union county. It has been probable 15 years since we fished there. We caught some nice cats back then on set poles and rod and reels.

Just wondering if any of you are fishing that river and if so are you catching any big cats?

Thanks!

Thomas Constant
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cherokee County section

I fish the Might Broad from the NC line to just below 99 Island in Cherokee County. I've caught some decent channel cats between Cherokee Falls and 99 Island. But I have fished it lately.

James Matherly
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish i could help but I have only fished it in the Bueafort area for cobia.

Thomas Constant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rivercatsc View Post
    Wish i could help but I have only fished it in the Bueafort area for cobia.
    Hey Rivercat that a completely different body of water. I've been over it going from Beaufort to Hilton Head but the one we are referring to runs from Black Mountain NC to Columbia SC. In Columbia it merges with the Saluda River to form the Congaree River which in turns run into the Wateree River forming the Santee River and Lakes.

James Matherly
    Post Thanks / Like

Never knew that. I guess they say that you learn something new everyday. I lived down there for 1 year and guess I never thought of looking of a map of it I just always thought that was the end of the same river I crossed in columbia. Thanks for info.

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is the first place it is referred to as the Broad River? Isn't this when it leaves Lake Lure?? As a very small child my daddy would take me fishing on the Broad as we lived for a few years in Lockhart. All we ever caught were small cats.

Thomas Constant
    Post Thanks / Like

Its listed as the Rocky Broad River above Lake Lure. Theres a place on Hwy 150 between Gaffney SC and Boiling Springs NC called the Greenway. From the Greenway is 8 miles to the Gaston Shoals Hydro Station also known as Dravo. They're 3 dams in Cherokee County on Broad River so we have a little more water to fish.

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

I would to know where I could launch my boat and fish for some cats in the Broad. I live in Lancaster and my brother lives in Greenville and it would be great to have a place I could meet him and fish.

Thomas Constant
    Post Thanks / Like

The best area's in my opinion would be here in Cherokee County because of the launch sites are better maintained here. Personally I fish outta Pick Hill Landing because they'res more water in this area, well depth wise anyway. If you check out dukepower.com they have maps of the area. Good luck.

Tony
    Post Thanks / Like

We never fished anywheres but the chester and union county area of the broad river. Theres a boat access area right off hwy 72 on the chester side. Bettered have a boat that can run in pretty shallow water cause the river is rocky and shallow in places there.

Heres a link to the boat access areas in SC.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/pubs/boatfacilities.pdf

It is in the Adobe Reader format you will need that program to read it its free. D/L it here.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast