Chicken breast for blue catfish bait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    matt audet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken breast for blue catfish bait

I am going fishing tomorrow & was wondering if anyone used chicken breast for blues & if so what size fish do you catch &
    what type of tackle do you use : hooks,floats,sinkers etc.

thanks

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

chicken seems to work best for me on small to mid size channel cats but ya never know.

Jared
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt_k_a
    I am going fishing tomorrow & was wondering if anyone used chicken breast for blues & if so what size fish do you catch &
    what type of tackle do you use : hooks,floats,sinkers etc.

thanks
    Ive never really heard of people usiing chicken "Breast" for catfishing. Chicken liver is a good choice for channels but as far as blues go, nothing beats live or fresh dead baits in my opinion. My order of go to baits if targeting blues would be, Fresh shad, Live perch, then shrimp.

Jack Foreman
    Post Thanks / Like

I've taken a bucket of chicken with me many times when catfishing but I have no idea if it works for bait or not. :lol: No, seriously, I have put some chicken parts , scraps, on a hook a time or two, just to see what happened, not much,. Shad, carp, etc. , works better than anything else I've tried.

Demetrius Kinnis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default bait for blues

Man, you need to stick with shad and herring. Natural baits that come from the river work best.LOL

JOHN
    Post Thanks / Like

Man with the price of those things in the store ,the only thing that is going to bite on them is me. Read a post the other night where someone was using Chicken breast but,don't remember how they did.I'm with everyone else stick to the basics Shad ,Shrimp Etc. anything that is natural to them. If you try it let us know how you did. I might give it a sec thought.:roll_eyes: GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS!!

Daniel
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used it myself, but know that rsimms of http://www.sceniccityfishing.com/ has been useing it a lot this summer and has done VERY good. Boat loads of 5-12lb blues on every outing, and that a fact!

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

You *might* catch a catfish on an old leather boot. But why would you even try?

If you want to catch catfish, present them with the things they eat every day, only stick a hook through the stuff you're showing them.

Leroy Wilkerson
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done good on chicken breast cut in chunks and soked in annesi oil witch is a lickerish flavor. works well on channel cats in pay lakes but never had much luck at the river on it . I mostly use shad or skippies dead or alive fresh or from my frezzer stock.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Default chicken breast

I've personally caught lots of channel out of pay lakes with chicken breast soaked in: honey, rum, strawberry koolaid, and cherry koolaid. I havent caught anything in the river on it cause I've never used it there, but my dad and his friends swear by the cherry koolaid breasts and they catch fish everytime they go out. The biggest one that I know of them catching on it is 20-25 pounds, but tons of mid size. I've just never used it cause my impression was that current would wash scented bait off and hurt the scent. But I'm gonna try it next time out, i already have it made up! Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast