2017 Monongahela River.

Mark Smith

Default 2017 Monongahela River.

Been a while since I been on here. Any one doing any fishing on the Mighty Mon. I have been converted to a musky fisherman so don't get out much chasing flatheads. Got a couple of baits last night forgot how much work that is. This time of year can be magical on the water... **** going to happen. Hope to see some other people catching some giants.

Been out a handful of times on the Mon Mark. I've been getting a few fish, but no big flatheads for some reason. Can't explain it. I'm doing the same things I always do, but the results haven't been there for me. The places I frequent that have been very good flathead areas are mostly producing channel cats.

I got tired of beating my head against the Mon wall, so I spent a couple hours on the Ohio last time out. Nothing big there either, but caught more fish. I think it will pick up in the next week.

Mark Smith

Had a decent two nights of fishing. Friday night was slow fishing my favorite spot. Three hours of little runs ended up moving and got a pig 5 minutes after setting up. Got out again on saturday with the same plan of hitting the honey hole. Did manage two 10 pound channels and a 15 and 10 pound flathead. Moved to the secondary spot and got a 20 and 25 pounder in the first fifteen minutes. Not a bad way to start the year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170519_235407-1494x2656.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	495.4 KB 
ID:	269717  

Good to see you posting and catching Mark!
    Let's Go Fishin'!