trolling motor skeg

Toney

Default trolling motor skeg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170515_112248.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	269634any hope? Its a 50lb motor would like to save it.

Bill

Assuming its aluminum and the motor itself can be removed from the housing any competent welder should be able to fix it.

Darryl

No way to know if it's worth repairing until you look up the parts cost. MikesReelRepair.com is a good place to look up parts. A quick search of a brush end housing (skeg part of this piece) for a Traxxis 55 was $45. I can't tell what all you have damaged but pull up a schematic and look up the parts you will need to rebuild it and go from there.

No way would I weld it, the parts are cheap enough. Chances are the housing would warp anyway and it would never turn as freely.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by SkipEye View Post
    No way to know if it's worth repairing until you look up the parts cost. MikesReelRepair.com is a good place to look up parts. A quick search of a brush end housing (skeg part of this piece) for a Traxxis 55 was $45. I can't tell what all you have damaged but pull up a schematic and look up the parts you will need to rebuild it and go from there.

No way would I weld it, the parts are cheap enough. Chances are the housing would warp anyway and it would never turn as freely.
    It looked to me like the skeg ripped entirely off the housing which I didn't think would be replaceable but I definitely agree if you can buy the parts that's the way to go. I've welded stuff like this before without an issue but fixing something like that in my shop would run waaay more than 45 bucks to just buy a new piece.