Ray

Default Creek Mouth Fishing was dead today

Name:  ImageUploadedByCatfish11492626764.504640.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  310.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByCatfish11492627002.599008.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  584.2 KB

Tried a creek mouth this morning. I was targeting channel cats, but only got one hit from this common. The temps did drop 7 degrees from yesterday, so that may have turned them off.

It ain't a catfish but it is a nice looking common.

What bait were you using?

Your only here for a while, do all that you can.

Ray

Default Creek Mouth Fishing was dead today

I started with worms on 2/0 Gama circle hooks on a couple Rods. Then I used Cut sucker on a couple rods with 2/0 Gama circles. I fanned out the Baits around the seam, where the creek meets the river. 2 Baits were in the Creek, and 2 Baits were just inside the seam.

Water temps were right at 60 degrees.

My thought process was that the channel cats would come up into the creek to feed.

I fished from 5:30am to 930am. Maybe I should have waited til later in the day when the water warmed up more?

Since I didn't want to get skunked, I casted out the old trusty Carp Bolt Rig with 3 pieces of sweet corn dipped in my Korda Pinneapple Goo.

When all things are dim, it's always fun to catch a carp.

Quote Originally Posted by rnickel17 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByCatfish11492626764.504640.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  310.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByCatfish11492627002.599008.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  584.2 KB

Tried a creek mouth this morning. I was targeting channel cats, but only got one hit from this common. The temps did drop 7 degrees from yesterday, so that may have turned them off.
    Ray-

Nice chunky Common. I wonder if warmer water would have turned on the Cats, too.

Matt

Ray

Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm wondering that too. I'm just gonna have put in more fishing time. Oh Darn, I have to go fishing more, what a horrible thing! Lol

roger
    Blog Entries

atlest your getting to go im doing the honey do list planting my garden painting my house an rebuilding my sons truck don't see me getting a break to go fishing anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfishing View Post
    atlest your getting to go im doing the honey do list planting my garden painting my house an rebuilding my sons truck don't see me getting a break to go fishing anytime soon
    I know that feeling Roger. Last Friday, I was setting on the front porch daydreaming about something trying to pull my rod into the water when I noticed water flowing across the side walk. Checked on it and found the garage floor flooded. Apparently a water line coming from my well had burst. We had plans to visit my son and new grand daughter so I just shut everything off and we went south. Now I am digging everything up to repair the water line and it is under the edge of the concrete slab for the garage. Hardest place there is to get to. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get the water back on.

I have missed one golf day and two good fishing days because of this and the wife for some odd reason thinks water is more important than fishing. I just can't figure out where some folks get their priorities.

Ray

Nooooooooo! That's not cool at all Tom. The last sentence was funny though.

Man, have you found anyone to help out? That sounds like a pretty rough job with all the diggin!

Quote Originally Posted by twaskom View Post
    I know that feeling Roger. Last Friday, I was setting on the front porch daydreaming about something trying to pull my rod into the water when I noticed water flowing across the side walk. Checked on it and found the garage floor flooded. Apparently a water line coming from my well had burst. We had plans to visit my son and new grand daughter so I just shut everything off and we went south. Now I am digging everything up to repair the water line and it is under the edge of the concrete slab for the garage. Hardest place there is to get to. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get the water back on.

I have missed one golf day and two good fishing days because of this and the wife for some odd reason thinks water is more important than fishing. I just can't figure out where some folks get their priorities.
    Ugh. Bummer. Good luck on the plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by rnickel17 View Post
    Nooooooooo! That's not cool at all Tom. The last sentence was funny though.

Man, have you found anyone to help out? That sounds like a pretty rough job with all the diggin!
    Hey Ray, it is extremely hard to find good help anymore. I called an old friend that gave me a name and number of a guy that did that type work. He showed up on Tuesday and looked and the hole I had dug. Said he would be back in on Thursday evening and work on the line if I got more of it dug out. Of course he didn't call or show up. So, I will just fix it on my own. Of course on Thursday we had some heavy rain come through so now I an just pumping the water out of the hole. Just another day in paradise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast