New Daiwa BG

Thread: New Daiwa BG

Default New Daiwa BG

Has anyone messed with one of them yet? I've seen nothing but great reviews on them. Alan Hawke had one of the most positive reviews I've ever read on his site about it. I've got a 4000 getting shipped to the house from J&H Tackle. I'll post some pictures of it as soon as it gets here. I held a 3000 at cabelas this past weekend and my god was it smooth. The smoothest feeling reel under the $300 price range I've ever felt. At $109.99 for the 4000 I thought it was a hell of a price for the quality.

Nick

Let us know how it works for you.

Nick

What are your plans for the reel? Fish species and techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by surfcat View Post
    What are your plans for the reel? Fish species and techniques?
    Shipping details say it will be here on Monday. Was hoping for today but it's coming out of New York so I guess the weather has slowed down the shipping. I'll post a couple pictures of the setup. I very very rarely buy a "combo" but I spoke to Josh at J&H Tackle extensively about it and it sounded like a damn good rig. I bought it specifically for an inshore/pier setup but I plan on using it a time or two for cats just to see how it handles. I won't be going to the beach for a couple months so I won't have a true review for it til then but once summer gets here and everything gets running I try to head down there every couple weekends. I've got a good buddy that lives in St. Petersburg so we target snook and bull reds mostly but we try to get out there and chase the poon as much as we can. I think the 4000 will be a little light for tarpon but I'd like to get ahold of a good sized one and see how she feels

Nick

Yeah, all the reveiws and opinions on the reel that I have seen so far have been really good.

I have thought about buying a few for channel cats as I sold my Stradic FJs, but I ended up with the Okuma Azores since I really like the feel and design of the Azores.

From what I've seen about the larger sizes, I don't think there's a cat in America that an 8000 couldn't handle. 30 pounds of drag and 53" of line per crank. That bad boy is a monster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCatfish11490038496.216202.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	268933
    Got on UPS to see if mine was going to come in today and saw this hopefully tomorrow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCatfish11490117232.895293.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	936.9 KB 
ID:	268943 it's here has to be one of the smoothest reels I've ever felt. This might end up being one of my main go to reels. It's a little big for bass fishing but I like to throw a lot of larger swimbaits and I think this setup will work pretty well for that. Can't wait to get it to some salt and see how it holds up to a good 40" bull red!