Missouri - east side report 2017 - Page 25

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25
    Dennis

I'm not sure there is a good "fix" but the "they" here is the tax payers. I love the access here but we sure are spending a lot of money for the time it is usable. Maybe a different area upstream? Please something!!

Wade

Maple island is closed once water hits 22 feet. Not sure how long it will take them to reopen once it drops down past that.

Quote Originally Posted by wadekaminski View Post
    Maple island is closed once water hits 22 feet. Not sure how long it will take them to reopen once it drops down past that.
    Bummer. How about down town? Maybe I just go crappie fishing.

David

I was told that the ramp at CB made it through okay and the road should be fixed in a couple of weeks. Sounds like good news, all things considered.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Marine4life View Post
    Anyone know if maple island ramp is usable? My daughter is getting married this weekend and when I drop my parents of at the airport at noon on Monday I plan on doing it to with boat in tow. I enjoy having family in but will need a break by then. Forecast for the river on Monday is about 23 ft at Mel Price. Thanks
    There's going to be a ton of mud on that ramp - even after it drops. And I really can't see them trying to scrape it until it gets down to around 13'. And that's IF I;;inois has the money available. It might be a while before we can use Maple Island

Mark

Seems to me it would be easier to clean that ramp with a pump and a firehose.

USS NOA DD-841
    Lean, Clean and Mean

Went downtown this afternoon for a boat ramp recon. The road that drops down to the ramp is the ramp now. One of the guides was out on the water. Parking is very limited up on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine4life View Post
    Went downtown this afternoon for a boat ramp recon. The road that drops down to the ramp is the ramp now. One of the guides was out on the water. Parking is very limited up on the street.
    I put in downtown yesterday and it was fine. When I pulled the boat out it was not so fine. Had a crazy current going on in that pocket and it was extremely hard to get the boat on the trailer. Smashed a bunk getting out and it took a few try's to get it on the trailer. I don't recommend using that ramp right now.

Fished downtown tonight for a couple hours. One bite and one fish. Caught on cut frozen shad. River was 66 degrees and flat moving at 5.2-5.5 mph.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByCatfish11495248311.108872.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  254.5 KB

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25