How many times do you end up just boat watching? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by OkSixpack View Post
    Does watching the bikinis on the boats in the summer count?
    hahaha...that's what I do!....Pretty amazing....it seems some folks think there is a veil of invisibility that shrouds them when they are on a boat....like no one can see them.

I have seen naked chicks, I have seen folks smoking weed and drinking...even seen some folks getting down and dirty right in broad daylight....I guess no one told them that the secret shroud of invisibility only works in Harry Potter movies....

Quote Originally Posted by Manosteel View Post
    hahaha...that's what I do!....Pretty amazing....it seems some folks think there is a veil of invisibility that shrouds them when they are on a boat....like no one can see them.

I have seen naked chicks, I have seen folks smoking weed and drinking...even seen some folks getting down and dirty right in broad daylight....I guess no one told them that the secret shroud of invisibility only works in Harry Potter movies....
    ^this^

My family are also avid bird watchers so binoculars, a spotting scope and sometimes a telescope are necessary equipment that goes everywhere with us. it's pretty amazing the things I've seen. My wifes Skywatcher Virtuoso telescope brings everything in up close and personal while still being very much a small and compact scope to carry around, we just leave the mount at home and stick the tube on a light tripod. I'd also be lying if I said there isn't a good chance that others with similar equipment haven't seen me and my wife get bored while the kids aren't with us and things just kinda happen. I mean if she's saying go I'm NOT saying no.

jeff washington

Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

I was at the riverfront on a hot summer day.I looked upriver and a Christopher Columbus Santa Maria replica floated by.I thought i was seeing things.I saw on the news later that it was in the area,then i felt a little better.

Got a couple places I like

hillman

Michael

I was on lake Wylie in SC with my Kayak Saturday morning and caught some nice cats. After a restroom break and getting back on the lake that afternoon I did no good. Boat traffic had picked up all over that area of the lake I was in (and being in a kayak, I couldn't go miles away to a quieter part of the lake). I am kind of wondering if the heavy boat traffic had anything to do with the catfish bite stopping. There was a boat coming within a 100 yards of my little kayak about every 2 minutes.

So I wasn't quite bank fishing.... but I still feel the pain of the heavy boat traffic.

Brandon G

Quote Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
    I was on lake Wylie in SC with my Kayak Saturday morning and caught some nice cats. After a restroom break and getting back on the lake that afternoon I did no good. Boat traffic had picked up all over that area of the lake I was in (and being in a kayak, I couldn't go miles away to a quieter part of the lake). I am kind of wondering if the heavy boat traffic had anything to do with the catfish bite stopping. There was a boat coming within a 100 yards of my little kayak about every 2 minutes.

So I wasn't quite bank fishing.... but I still feel the pain of the heavy boat traffic.
    As far as boat traffic hampering catching fish I don't believe it, I seem to think it helps actually. However my experience only comes from rivers because I don't fish lakes but when I'm out and I see a boat coming I now instinctively prepare for a bite. I used to think I was crazy and it was only me that thought this way until I saw one of Steve Douglas's videos on the "Barge Bite", the main point being he gets bites when barges come by.

The only logic I can put to it is the noise in the water causes a panic feeding response by the fish to eat up and head for cover until the noise passes.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff washington View Post
    I was at the riverfront on a hot summer day.I looked upriver and a Christopher Columbus Santa Maria replica floated by.I thought i was seeing things.I saw on the news later that it was in the area,then i felt a little better.
    I'm not an old boat nut or anything, but that would really be a neat one to see.

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by OkSixpack View Post
    I'm not an old boat nut or anything, but that would really be a neat one to see.
    That would be really, really cool to see.

If I'm anchored, I don't mind watchin the world go by.

I fish from a boat and actually do a lot of boat watching. For some reason I get to thinking the guys fishing in that boat over there may know something I don't so I watch them to see what they are doing. Let them be catching fish when I am not and I start watching them very closely so I guess I am more fisherman watching than boat watching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2