Tiller Steer Jon Boat Pics - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

I took the middle bench out of my 1436 g3 and put a floor in. Now I just bring along a nice lawn chair and set it up in the font half of the floor and watch my lines out the back. It's the most comfortable seating that I have on either of my boats. Hard not to snooze off at times.

Nothing fancy but she works for me and my boys.

Toney

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170501_195716.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	745.2 KB 
ID:	269619

Quote Originally Posted by Toneyd View Post

Name:	20170501_195716.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	745.2 KB 
ID:	269619
    Looking Good Toney. Looks like it moves along pretty well. Probably should put that life vest on right though. We want everyone to stay safe. That will float you face down which isn't good. Anyway, thanks for the picture, Welcome to the USCA forum and I hope you catch a bunch.
    Your only here for a while, do all that you can.

Here is my rig.

16 ft legend jon boat with a live well in the middle, and rear pods that I had added on, with a 25 hp Merc. EFI 4 stroke, 4 blade prop. And a 55lb Terrova trolling motor with "GPS" so I can tell it to anchor and stay where it is provider the current isn't running too hard.

the motor has power tilt so I can run shallow, and I put a CMC kick up jack plate on it for hitting stuff so I can use the tiller power tilt without worrying about really banging anything too hard.

the floor is 3/16th plywood with pink foam insulation under it between the ribs (very light and floats) I used silicon on the ribs to make the boards on the ribs quiet, and painted the pink foam to seal it, then glued them to the ply wood floor.
    The floor is cut in slats so if you hit something you can lift the floor up and patch it without tools. They are cut tight enough that they hold each other together even when I'm driving at high speeds on the highway.

I have 2 river anchors, one with 100 ft of rope to hook up and then drift back to where you want, and a second one I can use to help the back end not wander.

8 gunnel mount monster rod holders (4 front 4 back) so guys can put 2 holders per side - I have 6 holders all 1/2"

Electronics - humminbird solix 12 SI, with the 360 so I can watch big cats work holes, I put ram mount balls on the front and back and wired the head unit so I can move it where I want it (I use a seat in the middle when I'm fishing alone).

Lighting - led strips for internal lights to mess with your rigs

headlights - 14" LED flood up front, with 2 LED spot lights to light up the banks for night driving, they are wired with the switch in in the back so I can control them if driving alone.
    What I did here was to order 1.5" ram mounts with 1 foot long extensions so it lifts the lights off the deck (creates less glare), and lets you remove and stow them, and also point them where you want. I used the Opt7 light what have water proof disconnects so it's all good.

Much of how this boat is rigged up was from advice from Gordy Gritters - it mush have worked because we're not catching monsters off her.

:)

This picture was taken at 2 am in the dark.. ok kind of in the dark.
    I have a controller up front, and in the back so you can turn the front lights on, the back lights on, or both.

Toney

Name:	20170501_173631.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	920.3 KB 
ID:	269692

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6