Rappahannock Catfish Tournament

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    robert
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rappahannock Catfish Tournament

There is an open catfish tournament this Sat. Aug 10th on the Rappahannock River out Hicks Landing, 7Pm - 7AM. There is a 50 dollar entry fee with a 15 dollar optional big fish pot. This is a two fish tournament. sign up starts at 5PM, decoy bags will be permitted. For more info call Oran at 540-903-0433. There is also a 10 dollar ramp fee to be paid at Hicks store.

david

Post Thanks / Like

O-Oh Boy! I can't say I'm up for an all nighter, but this sounds like fun.

Rodney
    Post Thanks / Like

i might get in it if i get back in town by friday morning. is anyone else getting in?

david

Post Thanks / Like

I went down and checked out the weigh in board this morning. Two fish winner79.8. Biggest fish winner, 45.4. I counted 4 fish, 40+ and 5 fish, 30+. Just think, IF I had entered, and IF I caught that 50+lber that I'm after, I would have won the biggest prize. Instead, I wore my tail out, bushhogging the pasture. At least, I know there are plenty 40+ lbers in there, getting fatter every day.

Ross
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

That was a fun tourney to fish it was my first time on the Rap last night and I am sure I will be back for more. We feel we did pretty good with finishing 5th spot with out having the knowledge that some of the local folks have on it.

david

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnunn View Post
    I went down and checked out the weigh in board this morning. Two fish winner79.8. Biggest fish winner, 45.4. I counted 4 fish, 40+ and 5 fish, 30+.
    Correction: 2 fish winner: 80.6. 79.8, second. 75.6, third.

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say 5th out of 20 teams on a river you've never fished and at night is pretty darn good too. I think your partner had only fished it one time before so great job to the both of you. I couldn't get my boat ready to fish it but I was at the weigh in and am looking forward to the next time.

david

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been out on that section of the river. It sure is an interesting river. As part of my job (environmental planner with Caroline Co.), I've been working with the Rappahannock River Basin Commission, mainly focusing on water quality improvement. The experts talk about computer models so much that folks get quite a laugh when I talk about fishing and other 'recreational opportunities.' Clean water and good fishing go hand in hand. It's a win-win situation. The bass fishermen are on board. Re-stocking, habitat improvement, shoreline stabilization, sediment removal are up for discussion. Catfishing generally doesn't get much respect, until folks realize the number of people involved and the economic benefit. Twenty teams and folks coming from Maryland to fish in the Rapp are proof and support for the restoration effort.

Ok, I'm on my soapbox....Your ideas and comments are welcome.

Ross
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dnunn View Post
    I've never been out on that section of the river. It sure is an interesting river. As part of my job (environmental planner with Caroline Co.), I've been working with the Rappahannock River Basin Commission, mainly focusing on water quality improvement. The experts talk about computer models so much that folks get quite a laugh when I talk about fishing and other 'recreational opportunities.' Clean water and good fishing go hand in hand. It's a win-win situation. The bass fishermen are on board. Re-stocking, habitat improvement, shoreline stabilization, sediment removal are up for discussion. Catfishing generally doesn't get much respect, until folks realize the number of people involved and the economic benefit. Twenty teams and folks coming from Maryland to fish in the Rapp are proof and support for the restoration effort.

Ok, I'm on my soapbox....Your ideas and comments are welcome.
    No you are not on your soap box it is a untouched by politicians and folks that are above us Catfishermen and women. Preach on Sir!!!

Julie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrederickCat View Post
    That was a fun tourney to fish it was my first time on the Rap last night and I am sure I will be back for more. We feel we did pretty good with finishing 5th spot with out having the knowledge that some of the local folks have on it.
    Congrats Ross. I know for a fact you guys are some FINE fishermen ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast