few fish at lake of the ozarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    anthony
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default few fish at lake of the ozarks

we went down to the lake of the Ozarks this past weekend. it was pretty slow but got my mom on a few nice ones. a 15 and a 20. the grandkids wanted in the picture too. everything was hooked above 65 hwy on cut shad. we drifted and picked up a few small ones 2-6 lbs, until they turned the water on for about 6 hour each day. then anchored up and fished. seemed to really turn the fish on and make them feed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-7-2013 077.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	218817

Steve
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gar in Ozarks

Yea it is slow right now. I am here all week and this is all I can catch on goldfish and shad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	218818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0301.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	218819

Fire at will, which one's will? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

anthony
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i graphed quite a bit of fish right below drake harbor. on the west side of the lake. be for the 90 degree turn. in 30-35 feet of water. that's where we got the 15&20 when the water was running. got two 10s and an 8 there also. when drifting i had better luck right after the 1st bend from the dam. in the middle of the channel in 30-35 feet of water also, when they weren't running water. just kicked the trolling motor on constant and pulled the boat around

mark
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out at mm 60 and got into a few small blue all 5-10 range. I lost the biggest fish I had ever hooked Thursday night down there. Its was about 1130 when my rod was slammed and he keep running for the main channel, he was pulling drag and rolling. He never gave me a chance popped my leader and was gone. I run 80lbs power pro and 40 lbs big game leader, I not sure how it broke but I'm pretty sure he took me into some crap to break it. Worse feeling in the world losing those trophy fish

donnie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrlucky View Post
    I was out at mm 60 and got into a few small blue all 5-10 range. I lost the biggest fish I had ever hooked Thursday night down there. Its was about 1130 when my rod was slammed and he keep running for the main channel, he was pulling drag and rolling. He never gave me a chance popped my leader and was gone. I run 80lbs power pro and 40 lbs big game leader, I not sure how it broke but I'm pretty sure he took me into some crap to break it. Worse feeling in the world losing those trophy fish
    40lb wire leader with 80lb power pro I use 80 and 80 or 100 and 100 that fixed my leader breakin business

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

What knots do you use when your using 80 or 100 lb mono if its mono your using? I just have a hard time tying large mono without using pliers to seat the knot. And I'm afraid that using pliers will burn the knot.

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought 50 # mono was plenty for anything we are going to catch in Missouri. I believe the more capacity of line and proper drag controll are the key to success . I think mono has the best flexibility to prevent knot pull out and line breaks . I don't use leaders, the less knots , the better.

Steve
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything in the 50 lb mono or above I just snell the hook, much easier than using pliers to tie knots.
    Fire at will, which one's will? Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default few fish at lake of the ozarks

I do Snell the hooks but the knot at the swivel?

Don
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waylon05 View Post
    What knots do you use when your using 80 or 100 lb mono if its mono your using? I just have a hard time tying large mono without using pliers to seat the knot. And I'm afraid that using pliers will burn the knot.
    I have never used mono that big, but I do use 50, and also tie with a polimar knot at the swivel. Then snelled at the hook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast