Fishing the Mississippi River - south of St. Louis, Missouri - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    John "Cuz" Alle
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yeah, it does look a little like a driveway. It goes down a hill, crosses the tracks, and veers left right along the river. The road will run out and you will be on that rock ledge I was telling you about. Good Luck. I've caught some nice fish down through there. Fish the barge pillars, and the wing dyke way down at the other end. You might have to walk a ways, but just keep driving as far you can. Good Luck. Oh, dont neglect fishing a balloon rig right along the ledge. Flatheads like to sit under that rock ledge right next to the shore. Fish about 3 feet deep. Hope I've helped a little.

Tom
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget the Artisian Pay lake. But, should you go, bring plenty of $1 bills for that Artisian Bar right next to it. LOL

I have fished down that road where Cuz was talking about, but it's been a long time ago and I don't remember if I caught anything or not. Since I got my first boat, I've forgotten most of the places I bankfished.
    Then again, this ol man has pretty much forgotten everything. What were we talkin about?

Don Schulte
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think its safe down there? I dont like to go looking for trouble.

Tom
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of any reason for you to worry about being down there. Now Alton Dam or Chain of Rocks, thats a far different story.

John "Cuz" Alle
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fastman
    Do you guys think its safe down there? I dont like to go looking for trouble.
    I think you should be okay there. I do know people like to party down there, and i'm sure theres a few who like to do there drugs and such. Take a buddy along to be on the safe side, but just like Kutter, I use to fish down there before I got a boat and I never had any problems. Just be aware of your surroundings. Listen to the little man in your gut, and if things dont seem kosher, there prob not. If u go during the week its not very crowded. Its never crowded really, but the partyers are out on Fri and Sat nights. As well, when I get back in town I'll drop you a line and you can go out on the boat with me. Kutter, we need to wet a line too. Anybody that needs a good fishin partner give Ol Kutter a call. Hes got some great stories from over the years. But beware, he will probably catch all the fish, and he has been know to conspire in such unlawful activities as bananna smuggling. :ooooh:

Don Schulte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz
    As well, when I get back in town I'll drop you a line and you can go out on the boat with me. Kutter, we need to wet a line too. Anybody that needs a good fishin partner give Ol Kutter a call. Hes got some great stories from over the years. But beware, he will probably catch all the fish, and he has been know to conspire in such unlawful activities as bananna smuggling. :ooooh:
    Sounds good to me. I can learn from both of you.
    I did go down there today. The river seems low. I talked to a few people down there that were leaving and they also said its usually a good spot, but not today. Seems everyone left empty handed.

John "Cuz" Alle
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With the exception of one day Don, I havnt been catching nothing but Malaria. Its been super slow thats for sure. This time of year is usually pretty spotty and hit or miss. Theres some nice spots along that section of river, but I think your best bet is probaby all the way up to the north end and out on the dyke. I'll drop u a line when I get back in town.

Tom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz
    he will probably catch all the fish, and he has been know to conspire in such unlawful activities as bananna smuggling.
    I think I've just got a slurr throwed right on the pitch top of my head!
    Surely not. Now didn't I tell you I would not bring any fruit that grows on trees? I would not lie. Well, I didn't about that at least.

Guy's, I smell another vacation coming up in exactly a week from this moment. You know what that means. Time to find bait.

Cuz, we missed the first Wednesday of the month again. I'm beginning to think you want to keep that exclusive little club to yourself. LOL

Fastman, you up to any fishing next week? I got most of the day friday tied up with putting up corn, but other than that I should be free. I need to get my boat out and run it a bit. It's starting to get lazy. AND CLEAN! We can't have that! Need slime, need slime all over it. LOL
    Last edited by Kutter; 07-10-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Don Schulte
    Post Thanks / Like

Kutter:
    I have monday (07/17) off of work. I would love to tag along.

Elgin,Darrell
    Post Thanks / Like

Default St.Louis area

I work for LOWE'S,my boss here in Oklahoma is transfering to St.Louis. Him an his boy love to fish and hunt was just wondering if someone in that area might lend him a helping hand so he can do some fishing after he gets settled in?
    Loop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast