Sea ark rivercat 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sea ark rivercat 200

Well the soon to be wife and i went and looked at some sea arks today. Im in love. Decided to purchase one after our wedding this fall. Anyone want to share any pros or cons on this catrig? Looking at getting the rivercat 200 powered by a mercury 115hp. cant decide though between the classic or the tournament ready version. Didnt seem to care for the vcats. Either way i will own that boat or one like it.

Dennis
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ProCat and VCat

Can't help ya too much on the River Cat. I have the ProCat 200 and my friend Bubba Gump has the VCat 200 SC. I really like the 15 deg hull for cutting thru the water. It takes the swells of the Mississippi after barges or south wind with no problem. I'd think the 3 deg hull on the River Cat might be a bit rougher. My ProCat has the dual consoles, but I gotta say ... after fishing in Bubba's with the one console, I really do like the extra room. Actually thinking about pulling my left one out and only using it in the winter with the enclosure.

Depending on the size of the fish you are targeting, I'd definitely opt for the 80 gal livewell. And spring for the aerator a;so. Not much more money. I ended up getting the hydraulic steering on mine. I have the Suzuki 175 and it made a world of difference. Without it, it torqued real hard to the right. Now it's like cruising down the highway. And go for the bimini top. You'll appreciate it on these hot days.

Hope this helps some. Either way ... you'll be getting a great catfishing boat. Good luck, and congrats on the wedding.

Ed
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a plain river cat with the 3 degree and a 90. I bought mine used at a good price so I can't complain about it. If i was buying a new one though i would get a 15 degree hull with a 115 or 140. The 15 degree will ride much nicer with a little bit of chop. Also with the belly fuel tank you can free up about a foot of floor space or have another storage compartant since you dont have the gas tank above the floor. I would look into getting it set up with the procat style chairs if you plan to anchor fish. It is nice to just swivel your chair around to fish out of the back instead of having to step over the fold down style seats to get to your rod.

Greg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

I don't have a sea ark, and I don't have much to add.... but I recommend getting the yamaha or suzuki outboards- less time working on the motor= more time fishing.

craig

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 08 rivercat 200 with a 90 Etec. no complaints about either the boat or the motor. i would buy both again in a minute. i like less deck and more floor to carry all the extra stuff.

matt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by south point:2493532
    I don't have a sea ark, and I don't have much to add.... but I recommend getting the yamaha or suzuki outboards- less time working on the motor= more time fishing.
    X2. I'm not picky when it comes to outwards, but I have 4 buddies who gave Mercury's and they all plug up with sand when running the river. They all had to remove the thermostat to keep em running cool.

I have a Seaark. And LOVE IT! Best boat you can buy in my opinion.

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot wait to get a sea ark. My dream boat for sure. Fall cant get here quick enough. I just got a new boat last September. Denise told me to get exactly what i wanted. And i did. Well my wants change but i will be keeping the 1860 roughneck for smaller water and duck hunting. I can tell ya this now i will not be able to put a suzuki on it. Been running mercs on everything ive owned. Love the mercs. Never had a problem with any of em. Btw this twofootitus is killing me. Every boat i get i jump up 2 ft.

matt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat85:2495601
    I cannot wait to get a sea ark. My dream boat for sure. Fall cant get here quick enough. I just got a new boat last September. Denise told me to get exactly what i wanted. And i did. Well my wants change but i will be keeping the 1860 roughneck for smaller water and duck hunting. I can tell ya this now i will not be able to put a suzuki on it. Been running mercs on everything ive owned. Love the mercs. Never had a problem with any of em. Btw this twofootitus is killing me. Every boat i get i jump up 2 ft.
    Do you run in any sand with that Mercury

Travis
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 826storm View Post
    Do you run in any sand with that Mercury
    Dont experience alot of sand but do experience alot of gritty mud. Handles it just fine. Guy who i priced the boat from had not alot of good things to say about Suzuki's. I cant say much about them cuz ive never owned one.

nick

Post Thanks / Like

The river I run is pure sand never had a problem with my merc 25 pluging up from it.When I go to the missisippi river duck weed has plugged it before though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast