Quantcast
What size prop do i need

In Memory of MRR

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Default What size prop do i need

The prop that I have on it now is a 13 3/4 X15 and it seems like that is the wrong size because I have a lot of bow lift before the boat finally planes out the moter is a 70 hp Johnson and it sits on a aquasport 175 thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a tachometer in the boat? Need to know what your current wide open throttle Rpm reading is with your normal load. From there I can help, without that it's just a guess.

Mike

Ed
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the boat have tilt/trim or is the motor set in place with a pin? Sounds more like an issue with tilt/trim or hole location than a prop issue. I would advise to trim the motor down more or lower it another slot and see how it runs.

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by BajaCoop View Post
    Does the boat have tilt/trim or is the motor set in place with a pin? Sounds more like an issue with tilt/trim or hole location than a prop issue. I would advise to trim the motor down more or lower it another slot and see how it runs.
    thats what i was thinking.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

I have a tach on the boat and im not sure what it is wide open I am going to take it to the lake in the morning and I will let you know what it reads and I forgot to mention that I also have hydrolic jack plate on it also thanks for the replys guys.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Sorry about the late reply soon as I got in from the lake my job called and had to go out of town to help move a drilling rig and the tach was reading 5000 to 5500 wide open im begining to think that it is not the prop I might need a bigger motor because I bought the boat with a 90hp evenrude on it and that motor turned out to be junk and I found the 70hp on Craigslist cheap the max hp for my boat is 130hp more motor might help me out on fuel also.