For those who have purchased a Tracker Boat new - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

bought the 20/72 cat edition in 2008 with a 115 opitimax.....1st boat fell apart sides & floor....replaced it no charge........2nd boat cracks in the welds....floor vibrartes rivets out...dash cracked....been re-done.....doing it again.....waiting on decision....when i bought mine the hull was a lifetime guarntee.....they dont do that no- more....LOL.... They stopped making the cat-edition.......Seriously i would-not purchase a Tracker boat....at least not a 20fter

David
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in 1988 i bought one. i figured it was the best turn key boat on the market at the time. came with a 115 merc (upgraded to the 150 black max) ,upgraded the fish finder to the 4x6 bird ( got a 797 ci si in 2007) seats have been redone 2 times. I take the seats out for winter storage and boat is doubled tarped in winter. lost a power pack for the motor and have replaced the oil alarm float twice.( still have another spare) for the merc. yes have replaced the water pump impeller too. on the merc. replaced the bilge pump once and the shut off cable to one live well. have a spare for the other one if it ever breaks.
    From what i,m hearing I,m one of the lucky ones,that bought one and still has one.

Steve
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine new in 1998, it done me good for 14 years.
    But do what Scotty said, look at some used one's in good shape, moneys tight right now for some.
    The only thing I done, was changed out the outboard, that was what I wanted to do, so I put a yahama on it, the old force outboard are not made any more and parts can be hard to fine.
    If I lived closer to the big lakes, I sure would try to find a use seaark.
    Tracker boats are not bad, here a picture, I installed a rod rack and changed the sets so I can put a post and set at the back deck with my wife.
    The livewell is not big, so I can not use it for catfish, if I am keeping any fish, they have to go on a stringer.
    This is a old pro 165 (1998) 2008 yahama (new) found a new out board setting and got a good price

Attachment 177598

mike
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 20 ft. Tracker flat bottom.I got it in 93.the floor shakes the console is cracked and some of the welds have cracked too.I have used it a lot but most of the time I was setting at the dam fishing.If I ever buy a new boat I would buy a other brand of boat.Cracks started soon after I got it.I agree with Big Sam.

Less
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info on the boats. I was looking real hard at a 20ft. I think I might look at express, or war eagle instead. thanks all.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

To everyone who has replied. I have not been ignoring you. Work is straight killing me right now with hours and my energy level is currently at zero. Going to bed early tonight, I will respond to posts tomorrow after work.

scott
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will agree. With the older models they did have weld problems. But the new gator tough models are much better design. I have the 1860 gator tough model and it's built very well. I run a 115 hp. On in and its holding up just fine. Have been through alot of rough water in the past 2 years with it and not a problem yet. Now their trailers are a different story! Won't even go their.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

I am feeling a bit better today after work, still sore but not where near as sore or tired as I have been the last two days, I should be able to get some answers to your questions and replies to your statements after I go soak in some hot water and loosen up a but more. My right hand is cramping Stephen Hawkin style.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catfishscotty View Post
    Jason Before ya buy a brand new boat I would look around for a great deal on a used 1 ive seen alot of killer deals on boats last couple years that will save a guy a chit load of money ...

as soon as ya pull a new boat off the lot ya have just thrown some money out the window just like on a new vehicle 9 times out of 10 .

Im not sure how big of a boat your looking at ,, but alot of 16 to 20 foot john boats with 25 to 75 horse motors on them for sale all around missouri .

Jason if you do get a brand new boat please take time looking and get what ya want in a boat the first time so ya have no regrets 6 months later and want sumthing different ,, lmao ive done this several times myself .. so be patient and get your dream boat the way you want it !!!

good luck jason ...
    I plan on trying to find a used one Scott, I am far from a rich man these days. If I cant, I will entertain buying new, 5 year warranty is nice and I can finance as well. My main thing with a newer Tracker boat is the Versatrack. That is a deal sealer for me, moveable rod holders is just too damned awesome. Another reason is, as you likely know, Clinton Mo is home to Tracker, in fact, back in 95 I worked there.... for a day lol.

I am looking for 16 foot max. Basically I need to get something that doesnt tip the 1000 lb tow rating of my car. a 16 foot will come close but should not surpass it. I already have a 35 hp motor ( I dont need a speed demon boat ).

I already had one boat, never got it into the water but I learned what I wanted and didnt want from that short year long dry docked purchase.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Figure out your kind of fishing and the water you most likely will be on most of the time. Make sure it's safe, comfortable, and organized the way you want it. Look at livewells and storage. Also, if you buy new think about how much of a motor you want or need. The dealers will try and sell you more motor than necessary sometimes and that really drives up the price. Also do you want a 2 or 4 stroke motor? Lots to think about. Best of luck.

It will mainly be Truman and Ozarks lake with some Grand and Osage river thrown in. Perhaps a trip to the Missouri river when I get some boating experince under my belt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast