Fishing out of Franklin Landing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Raymond
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing out of Franklin Landing

Heading down Monday to check it out. Does anyone have the number for the water release schedule? Any pointers for the first timer?

Derek
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

http://water.sam.usace.army.mil/default.htm

Bottom of page has link for Today and Tomorrow generation schedules. Most of the time this is up to date, but speaking from experience with carters there are some days they seem to forget to update, and almost never update on weekends.

Brent Watson
    Post Thanks / Like

866-772-9542. This is an accurate # for generation schedule. it wont tell you days in advance but they update it everyday after midnight.

Jody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Raymond I've fished there for years and you always need to check the generation schedule ..it can be dangerous below the dam they let alot of water go in between those steep banks and it will rise 6 to 7 feet pretty quick.. so always anchor facing up current and have a shape knife ready in case u need to cut the anchor rope....if you're fishing close to the dam..the further south you go the let the water rises.... but this will be a very good tournament alot of fish will be weighed in here and could come down to ounces,,

Raymond
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the help from everyone. Finally getting to head down today and will give everyone an update.

Pork Chop
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

GOOD LUCK!!!

Raymond
    Post Thanks / Like

A very interesting day. Started out near the landing and caught three keeper fish within ten minutes. Then tried to catch some shad and no luck. Traveled down river since I went there to check the place out and saw a ton of good looking places. Tried fishing those "good looking" places for the next four hours and pulled two channel cats, bummer. Went back to the first spot and caught atleast ten in a hour, one being nine pounds. We then went up river since they started generating water and tried a few other spots. Again they looked good and tried for a few hours only managing two channels. Went back to the original spot and caught another ten or so in the last hour we had of fishing. One being twelve pounds and another being nine. All in all a good day. I saw we had between 40-45 pounds. All were caught on skipjack and cut bluegill. Fish were in 20+ feet of water and were very aggressive.

Troy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to say we can't make this one, We already had a room booked. " George T Bagby " Here is Dylan's Ball schedule we got Monday night.

Tuesday May 1st
    Thursday may 3rd
    Friday May 4th
    Saturday May 5th

In 8 yrs of baseball he has never had a schedule like this. I can't miss three games . If it wasn't a 4 hr drive I would miss Saturday's game " like we had planned" get up and drive down, But would have to leave hereat 2:30 am lol

wishing you all good luck

Derek
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

That kinda trip is rough, that's what we had to do last time. Leave the house at 1am and drive down and drive back same day. I won't be making this one either unless things change job wise for my wife. This month just can't find the cash in the budget.

Angie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate that we are not going to make this one. Was really looking forward to it. Wishing the best of luck to the teams that do fish this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast