springfeild lakes bluecat size?

JAKE READNOUR
    Post Thanks / Like

Default springfeild lakes bluecat size?

how big are the fingerlings this spring from last fall? and is there a way to put a limit on them so their not taken out by ppl thinking their channels? i am thrilled to have them in our area now!! lets hope ppl dont ruin it by keeping them

Jake
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man the ones put in were little bitty suckers. I would be surpised if they were 10 inches yet. No the big ones that are in here thats a different story. I would say there is atleast a 90 in here somewhere. The city council wont put a limit on these fish and even if they did nobody can tell the difference. You got to know your fish to tell. They will get taken just spread the word about them and ask that they are released. Some guys keep everything. They have mounted some and ate others. What a waste you dont even need the fish anymore to make a mount just size, length, girth, etc. In 5 years this will be one fun lake to fish. I just hope they keep this thing going and stock some more the next couple years and then every few years after that.

JAKE READNOUR
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i was out yesterday all day and night by the parks little boat ramp point...not one bite. it might be as good as powertone in 5 years depending on if it gets restocked. word is they wont be stocking anymore so lets hope they can spawn