Milford Lake April update

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Jim Leonard
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Milford Lake April update

Really looking forward to the coming week, and possibly longer. My son will be coming up from Arkansas for a week or possibly longer visit. Usually he can only stay a couple of days. We'll be on the lake every day we can next week.
    Worked on cleaning up the Catoon today. Have all the electronics put back on. Still have a few minor deck things to do.
    Weathers not looking real great for all of next week, regardless, we'll be out there.

Bennett
    Post Thanks / Like

Shore fished for a while at Timber Creek last night. Hooked into two very good fish but both spit the hook. Other than that I had a few good bites but didn't land any fish.

SOMEBODY's Dog decide to flip out when I made a sudden move and I ended up breaking one of my rods while trying to keep from getting bit. The dog MIGHT have belonged to the same guy who lost my anchor, but I'll let him tell the story.

Oh well, stuff happens.

Jim Leonard
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to catch some small Channelcats to smoke yesterday, (in the smoker Jay), and managed to bring in some nice size for smoking whole, with punch bait. Shad were jumping like crazy around the shore where we fished, managed to get a couple of net fulls.
    Probably do the same again later today. Want to have a nice mess, besides the ones I have, so my Son and me can smoke up a bunch while he's here to take home. His wife always make some delicious Muscadine jelly every year, I've always asked her to make some Muscadine wine. She always turned me down, but not this year. She loves my "Smoked Catfish", specially the baby ones. I told her this year, either I get some Muscadine Wine, or she don't get no Smoked Catfish. My Son said she got a recipe from her aunt for the wine, I WIN.
    And it was a beautiful afternoon, shad were jumping all over the place, Whites or Wipers were in there after them for quite awhile.

Bryan
    Post Thanks / Like

3300 CFS coming in today....

Jay Smith
    Post Thanks / Like

I know where I would be fishing.....

Josh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpuppy View Post
    I know where I would be fishing.....

Piney point????

Noe

Post Thanks / Like

Me and Bennett are sitting up north right now and I just pulled this in. 45#, beat my old PB by about 40 pounds.. Thanks to Bennett for being an awesome guide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0326.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	176624  

Jim Leonard
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 257bob View Post
    Piney point????
    The Toon is ready to go. My son and me will be heading there later today, fer sure, fer sure. Definitely a hot spot!

Terry
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by foogums07 View Post
    Me and Bennett are sitting up north right now and I just pulled this in. 45#, beat my old PB by about 40 pounds.. Thanks to Bennett for being an awesome guide.
    That is awesome NOE.. thanks for sharing the pic. Did you get Bennett's boat all slimed up???

Bennett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papacat View Post
    That is awesome NOE.. thanks for sharing the pic. Did you get Bennett's boat all slimed up???

Yes he did, so now the boat has been blessed with big blue slime.

That was a hell of a fight. 7 foot ugly stick with 20 pound test. That fish went around both anchor lines, the propeller, under the boat and around the world and Noe held on and fought it like a champ. The first time I tried to net it it bent the handle on my net.

Other than that we only caught a couple of dinks before the water got rough but it was worth it.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast