Catmaxx reel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catmaxx reel

james
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Catmaxx reel

ive heard alot of people on here say bad things about the catmax reel but i got one as a gift and i dont find anything wrong with them.they cast really good just as good as the abu reels and ive caught several cats on it and it worked like a charm,i like it myself,id reccomend it for someone not wanting to pay a fortune for a good reel. jmo

Justin
    Post Thanks / Like

i liked mine until i blew the plastic gears out it, caught 1 38lber on it and slung a few 8oz sinkers but it didnt last more then a few months. Be gentle on it and it should last awhile

Kristopher
    Post Thanks / Like

If u do some research they have metal gears in them ivecaught plenty of fish with my spinning catmaxx 9ft

james
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is the baitcasting reel but so far no complaints i like it.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bashing, but you can get an abu 6000 for the same money or less as the catmaxx reel. In my opinion that would be money better spent. I too, have seen the baitcasters fail why fighting fish in the 20 lb range. Cant speak about the spinning reels, they may be a great product.

Kristopher
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ko3579 View Post
    Not bashing, but you can get an abu 6000 for the same money or less as the catmaxx reel. In my opinion that would be money better spent. I too, have seen the baitcasters fail why fighting fish in the 20 lb range. Cant speak about the spinning reels, they may be a great product.
    Cat maxx reels are cheap , abus run 100 or more i would rather have a abu just to much money the cat maxx rods is whats exspensive

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

My first Baitcaster was the CMX3 and i still use it have had it for a while now. Also have an Abu 6500C3 with upgraded bearings and additional bearing. The CatMaxx Rod 7'6" MH and Ugly Stick Tiger. Like them both no problems here. And i only got the Catmaxx cause well not everyone has an extra $40 on them to buy the Abu. I didnt at the time and went with it. No regrets. I saved up a bit found a deal got the Abu, Use the Tiger Abu combo just as much. Never casted a baitcaster either when i bought the catmaxx. Two backlashes later i was a pro LOL. Only two baitcasters i own as of now rest are spinning. Pros & Cons exist on every baitcaster & spinning reel. If its cheap and works and reels in what your fishing for you scored. If it takes a shit on you well lesson learned But if i were gunna buy another in all honestly and wasnt in a hurry, id buy a used Abu on Ebay for the price of the Catmaxx since its easier to get parts to fix or tune up.

Chris
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a catmaxx spinning reel. I used it lightly for a year and the place where the bail hooks in is plastic and it ended up breaking all to pieces. I really like the rod that came with it though.

Justin McCameron
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had a catmaxx cmx3 baitcaster for about a year with no issues. Caught plenty of fish in the 40lb class with no issues. The only complaint I have is parts availability. I have my spool set all the way loose and flung it on a cast after catching a 45lb blue. BPS does not stock parts for them and they are hard to find.

Paul
    Post Thanks / Like

Had several friends buy them. They are either broken or in not so good of working order. Save a few and get a abu or ming yang. Lots of good deals on abu's on ebay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast