Menhaden oil

Thread: Menhaden oil

Default Menhaden oil

Does anyone here use Menhaden Oil to marinate their cut baits for Channel Cats? If so, have you seen an improved strike rate? Thanks in advance.

Nathan
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I have never heard of it before. Is it really that good.

Michael Craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Jtrew, a member on this forum, turned me on to Menhaden oil several years back. I have used it on cut gills and in dip bait with success, when nothing else seemed to work. I ordered mine off the east coast, by the gal. Extremely stickey and a little goes a long way.
    IT ONLY TAKES ONE CAST--MY DAY WILL COME

Frank
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a guy that fishes the Kansas River,Catdaddy Shumway from Topeka he uses cut menhaden for channel cats and yanks alot of em with it.Its hard to get around my neck of the woods.

Nathan
    Post Thanks / Like

I might have to check this stuff out sounds pretty good.

Mark
    Post Thanks / Like

it is good stuff. if you're going to get you'd better hurry. the quota was lowered and over the next few years they're going to be ruduced 80% to protect their future so if a fresh bunker went from 1 dollar each to 4 dollars each and bunker oil shot up to 17 dollars a gallon. then there is bunker milk imo it isn't as good as oil but it'll work in a pinch unfortunately i can't give you a price on that.

Ron
    Post Thanks / Like

I work in a feed mill that makes trout feed. We have menhaden oil, trout oil, salmon oil. I have used it a bit but not with outstanding success. Here in Idaho fresh cut trout works like a charm. I have not used the trout oil yet. I might try that this year. If anyone is ever in Idaho and wants oil I can hook you up for about a buck or two a gallon. My Boss might even ship a drum if several guys wanted to go together on it. Ron