New Kayak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Kayak

Shane
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Kayak

After a few years of daydreaming about a kayak, I finally picked one up. I wanted something that I could take my son out on as soon as he is old enough, but I couldnt really afford the nice full blown tandem kayaks that are out there. This is the Lifetime Sportsfisher Kayak. Its 10 ft long and 36 inches wide. I do alot of catfishing on small streams and no wake lakes that are near my house. Im hoping this will fit the bill. I have been piling up some of the goodies to outfit it and over the next week it will be getting an anchor trolly, 2 Ram rod holders, a crate, and hopefully a new fish finder. Ive learned alot from watching you all build and use your kayaks so thanks for any input u have!

Name:  0320121029a.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  129.9 KBName:  0320121029b.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  126.8 KBName:  0320121029.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  123.0 KB

tim
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

I'm no expert, but I figure it will get ya out there and although probably not real fast, its better than standing on the bank. That should be awful stable, and you will like that. There are fancy, and there are basic. Whatever works is the right thing. I got to figure out some outriggers for mine, at least temporary. Hopin this summer will pay off.

david

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend some kind of 'grabber' for getting big cats in (on?) the boat. Typical landing nets are usually too cumbersome for a kayak. When you get a big one up the boat, you'll want a way to grab it securely. It can get a little crazy with a big cat rolling and thrashing up against the boat.

bobby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    I'm no expert, but I figure it will get ya out there and although probably not real fast, its better than standing on the bank. That should be awful stable, and you will like that. There are fancy, and there are basic. Whatever works is the right thing. I got to figure out some outriggers for mine, at least temporary. Hopin this summer will pay off.
    there's not much to them,i bought mine but i wish i would of built them instead,the use a scotty rocket launcher rod holder with a 3 foot piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc sch 40 3' long coated with spary on bed liner with a tee then a 1' out of the tee on each side then reduced down with 11 inch bullet float on each side of the tee,to keep it in the rod holder.get a pin with a latch and drill a hole through the rod holder and pipe,in the middle of the holder.im pretty sure you will have about half invested in it that way then buyin what i did mine cost about 160 bucks amd it was the same set up as i just explaned

Pat
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's one of those never ending project.

At least for me this as been one of those never ending projects. But then I like fiddling with my gear and Yak.

Pat

Shane
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been doing alot of playing around with it and yeah, its probably gonna be a never ending project lol. Ive had it sitting in the livingroom working on it getting it ready for the weekend :) The wife has been out of town lol

chris
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Them there kayaks work better with 2 people. One person kinda like trying to paddle a tank lol.. But should be very stable.. And im sure u would enjoy it. Let me no how it handles and tracks when u try er out..

Shane
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope she rides like a really good handling tank! lol. Its strapped to the roof of my suburban and hopefully will be going out tomorrow.

Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sruggles1976 View Post
    Ive been doing alot of playing around with it and yeah, its probably gonna be a never ending project lol. Ive had it sitting in the livingroom working on it getting it ready for the weekend :) The wife has been out of town lol
    I can't wait to add a kayak to my living room decor. :)

Nathan
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a beautiful kayak to me. I think you have found a pretty good investment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast