Melvin Price Lock and Dam (Alton) No Fishing Signs - Page 4


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Chad
    SPAZ182's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I guess you can get the non-resident concealed carry permit and fish the MO side if you want the right of self-defense. Dumb-a$$ IL politicians don't think we need to defend ourselves on this side of the river. It's retarded! I can carry my 45 on my side in IN, MO and Kentucky when fishing, but can't carry it to the river a mile from my house??? Man, I loathe our politicians...

    Peace,
    Chad


  2. #32
    JAKE READNOUR
    slikk03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SPAZ182 View Post
    I guess you can get the non-resident concealed carry permit and fish the MO side if you want the right of self-defense. Dumb-a$$ IL politicians don't think we need to defend ourselves on this side of the river. It's retarded! I can carry my 45 on my side in IN, MO and Kentucky when fishing, but can't carry it to the river a mile from my house??? Man, I loathe our politicians...

    Peace,
    Chad
    i hear you man. good ole illinois for ya. anyways the place is good to fish but it might be closed now at dark i dont think theirs a bank spot on the river you can fish all night at now? i loved fishing that dam and i will call them and complain about this no fishing crap


  3. #33
    Tim
    bearcat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The launch ramp on the MO river is the Columbia bottoms conservation area. When you cross the I 270 bridge take a right right after you get across the bridge. Get ready there is no turn lane and it will sneak up on you. Drive about 3 miles or so and you will drive into it. There is also a place to bank fish there. I believe you can drive all the way down to the confluence of the MO and the Miss rivers on the MO side from there. I have seen people with fires there fishing all nite. Good luck and cheek it out. It is a great place to launch if the ramp at the dam is un useable. If they fixed the ramp at the dam that is the best option. Good luck and stay safe. It seems like you can run into the wrong kind of people no matter where you go.

  4. #34
    JAKE READNOUR
    slikk03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
    The launch ramp on the MO river is the Columbia bottoms conservation area. When you cross the I 270 bridge take a right right after you get across the bridge. Get ready there is no turn lane and it will sneak up on you. Drive about 3 miles or so and you will drive into it. There is also a place to bank fish there. I believe you can drive all the way down to the confluence of the MO and the Miss rivers on the MO side from there. I have seen people with fires there fishing all nite. Good luck and cheek it out. It is a great place to launch if the ramp at the dam is un useable. If they fixed the ramp at the dam that is the best option. Good luck and stay safe. It seems like you can run into the wrong kind of people no matter where you go.
    i live not to far from you a bit north of pana. seen your pic in pana bait i think

  5. #35
    Tim
    bearcat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes I live west by Nokomis. John is a good guy there in Pana.

  6. #36
    JAKE READNOUR
    slikk03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearcat View Post
    Yes I live west by Nokomis. John is a good guy there in Pana.
    yea john has the best deals in the state!

  7. #37
    JAKE READNOUR
    slikk03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    is the MO side as good as the illinois side ? do you have to have an MO licence?

  8. #38
    Steve Turner
    steveturner024's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    738
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You do not have to have a MO license to fish the MO side of the dam. I have never caught anything on the MO side but haven't really fished there much either. You can catch skipjack there if your there at the right time. I snagged 1 about a month ago. The current is really fast so you'll need some large sinkers. I used a 10 oz pyrimid and my bait was still going down stream until it found a snag.

  9. #39
    JAKE READNOUR
    slikk03's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yea i never fished that side. still waiting for a word on the illinois side and the no fishing BS. I looked at the rules but i just dont see anything in the books saying you cant fish their


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •