Good and inexpensive gun to carry bank fishing? - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    David
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canebreaker View Post
    Well it does have a wheel to it. It wouldn't fit in my tackle box.

lol yes but when he took it out of that 55 gallon drum and fired it . one could jump in and return some lead with the weapon just above the surface lol

Cody
    Post Thanks / Like

where are y'all getting these hipoints for near 100 at? i'm curious

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

every gun shop in illinois has the highpoints really. 380 & 9mm goes about $120-$150 40S&w $140-$160 same for the 45 acp. got my 9mm carbine for $199. older stock style.

my life to me is worth a $450,000 deep earth bunker. but its not in my means to afford it. so go with what you can afford. heck i like lamborghinis but wont spend the cash on them either.

donnie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Codyology View Post
    where are y'all getting these hipoints for near 100 at? i'm curious
    id like to know that to, bought my hi point .45 new for 200. id trust my life on it too.

mike
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

For bank side duties i would go with a stainless steel revolver.

Steve Timmons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IFitSWIMS View Post
    Jworth i would stay away from cheap auto's.It is true that people do buy them and some are even reliable.The realitiy is that your life may depend on this firearm.What are you willing to bet your life on?Stick with glock'springfield,sig,smith&wesson proven guns from proven companies.If you can't aford one of these guns stick with a good used revolver from smith&wesson.Remember wwhen you make a budget for a gun the most important factor to consider is what is my life worth.
    I could not agree more brotha!

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I have had lots of different handguns over the years, from a larger variety of manufacturers, but the most simple and dependable handgun made is the revolver, and from my personal experience with 4 different models, Glock. I would take a Glock anyday over any other handgun made if it were strictly for defensive purposes. Again, speaking from my own personal experience DO NOT buy a S&W semi auto, and I feel the same way about Rugers semi autos, there's a reason why so many law enforcement agencies got rid of the S&W's, they are "jam-o-matics", also why VERY few police depts issue Rugers, I don't know of any depts that do, but I'm sure there's probably one somewhere, and the Ruger P95 I had was the same way, I wouldn't take a Ruger semi auto if someone gave it to me. I strongly suggest either a revolver, Glock or Springfield XD, or even Taurus makes good guns.
    Also, if you want to find the best deal on a gun, go to the gunshows, I've bought my Glocks from the gunshows for $150-200 less than a gunshop would charge for the exact same gun.
    BTW, S&W makes the finest revolvers I've ever shot, Ruger also makes excellent revolvers, just not as smooth shooting as a Smith. Look at how many different militaries and law enforcement agencies issue Glocks compared to any other company, that kind of speaks for itself.

Greg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

I agree with the revolver reply's. about your cheapest bet for an absoluly reliable gun is a taurus in 357 or a ruger LCR in 38+P or 357. you can buy these for less than 400$ new and are your cheapest, most powerful, most reliable opitions, in my experience. if ya really want a semi auto, the cheapest most reliable option would probably be a Kel-Tec 9MM. but if you can save 350+ $$ up for a firearm, then save another 200 $$ and buy a glock or a springfield XD. I have a XD40 subcompact and love it. I have shot thousands of rounds through it and have never had a jam or stove-pipe.
    as far as hi-points go, I know 2 guys that have them, both in 45. one guy says it almost never jams up, but I am not OK with "ALMOST never". my father in law is the other guy that owns one and that gun jams up a few times every time we take it out and shoot. that gun is not even fun to plink with because it's so horribly inaccurate. at 25 yards with the gun in a vise and on a concrete bench, the best group we could get was around 14 inches with an occasional stray that doesn't even hit paper, no matter what type of ammo we tried. to compare, my xd40 SUBCOMPACT, with a 2 inch barrel, will shoot a 3" group with the exact same vise and bench, no strays, and any cheap 'ol ammo will do.

donnie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by south point View Post
    I agree with the revolver reply's. about your cheapest bet for an absoluly reliable gun is a taurus in 357 or a ruger LCR in 38+P or 357. you can buy these for less than 400$ new and are your cheapest, most powerful, most reliable opitions, in my experience. if ya really want a semi auto, the cheapest most reliable option would probably be a Kel-Tec 9MM. but if you can save 350+ $$ up for a firearm, then save another 200 $$ and buy a glock or a springfield XD. I have a XD40 subcompact and love it. I have shot thousands of rounds through it and have never had a jam or stove-pipe.
    as far as hi-points go, I know 2 guys that have them, both in 45. one guy says it almost never jams up, but I am not OK with "ALMOST never". my father in law is the other guy that owns one and that gun jams up a few times every time we take it out and shoot. that gun is not even fun to plink with because it's so horribly inaccurate. at 25 yards with the gun in a vise and on a concrete bench, the best group we could get was around 14 inches with an occasional stray that doesn't even hit paper, no matter what type of ammo we tried. to compare, my xd40 SUBCOMPACT, with a 2 inch barrel, will shoot a 3" group with the exact same vise and bench, no strays, and any cheap 'ol ammo will do.
    my hipoint is the most accuarte handgun ive ownes, had rugers, taurus', s&w.

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

my p-95 never jamed. not once. for $320 it was a good investment. theres lemons in every pile. but mines perfect. now on the other hand i have a highpint 40S&W that jams quite a bit. but my HP 380. never. ide feel confident as i needed to be with it. and agree with donnie. its extremely accurate for $120.

funny thing a year or so ago on one of them shooting shows they were testing revolvers. putting light loads in them to purposly jam a bullet in the barrell. the S&W's exploded when the next shot was fired down the jammed barrell. the rugers sometimes took 2-3 before they popped. the guys on the show agreed. rugers were very durable guns. my uncle has a vaquaro. stainless 45 long colt. its NICE.

hell just get a bazooka and some hand grenades and land mines. be heavy but not as heavy as a hi point lol. and set the clamores all around you. never know and you dont want to pack light when its your life on the line. wonder if he got his gun yet. threads only 8 months old aint it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast