Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Troy
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman vs. Lake of the Ozarks

I vote for Truman

Steve
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm I say Lake Jacomo
    Just because I am 4.4 miles from that, lake boat ramp.

JK
    That would be hard for me to choose, they both have big blues in them, the blue in my avatar came from the osage river that feed Truman, just a baby to some.

Greg
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

I vote below truman dam, so I gues that would be loz, but then again, I have never catfished truman yet.... we will have to settle this at camp!

Morris
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Large quanity of smaller fish Truman, Chances of catching multiple 50+ lbers loz. Dont get me wrong there are tons of huge fish on truman, i just feel more confident on LOZ for big

ones, and have better luck down there. In the summer truman is my prefered choice just for the simple fact that you can pull in big numbers of fish, i just dont dont get as many big ones.

But the biggest fish i have ever almost caught was on truman. I had him to the side of the boat for about 5 min, then he got off. We didnt have a net because we were ripping spoon

for white bass and hybrids. Every time we went to grab him he would swim barley out of reach and i didnt have a rod study enough to help hold him right up agints the boat for longer

than 3 seconds it seems. I swear it looked much larger than my personal best 72lber i actually got in the boat on loz, lol. And boy was the fight amazing on a bass rod.

Gary Felkner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

LOZ holds some kind of jinx over me. I dunno why, but I do better on both numbers and size at Truman. I know LOZ has the fish too if I would just figure them out.

Rob
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote Loz, and thats just because i fish it more than Truman. The sheer size of Truman is more intimidating but I know there are some monsters to be had!!
    I too like Morris drift fish on Truman late summer to early fall and catch a lot of fish just not large fish. Hope gas prices doesn't keep me from fishing Truman a little more this summer because they do have some really nice camp grounds around the lake...
    Good Luck!!

Troy
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there are flatheads in Truman that can beat the state record. Every year we see some caught on trot lines and just a matter of time. I know where there's a certain log jam that he's hiding. Getting him outta there is the problem.
    Jim better bring the big net.....

Lloyd

Post Thanks / Like

Truman: Osage side Tally Bend area.

Morris
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spoonfish View Post
    I know there are flatheads in Truman that can beat the state record. Every year we see some caught on trot lines and just a matter of time. I know where there's a certain log jam that he's hiding. Getting him outta there is the problem.
    Jim better bring the big net.....
    If you cant get him out with rod and reel troy, show me where that log jam is and ill go put the hay hook tied to your anchor rope in his mouth with my hands for ya. Start up the boat and put'er in reverse! That should get that monster out of that hole for you! lol

wanda barner
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of like what kind of pie I like---hot or cold I like um both they are both good . Hard to pick which way to go sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast