annual catstock gathering in august check it out - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tim
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark That one last year was closer to 60 IMHO. What a great fish. Oh and don't forget the food.

NaaaKe fatman. Good to see you lurking. Hope you can make it down to catstock again sometime.

Brad Prather
    Post Thanks / Like

I get off the boat on the 8th ;( y'all have fun

craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cats4uandme View Post
    the campground we stay is is old groth hardwoods real shady. good cause its usually warm. the store up at the entrance is a genral store. ice food camping supplies every thing one light need. tackle, bug spray ect... they have a big clean pool thats public. think it was $3 per person per day. it has a sloped end that goes from nothing to 4 foot. even toddlers can play in it. last year they even had a sprinkler for the kids going on the pool patio area. and the other part of the l shaped pool is 4-8 foot or something like that. adults can swim and kids can play in the sloped end. good for all. we took the kids up last year before the storms rolled in lol.

theres cabins for those who want air conditioning. of course me and a few others even have ac in out tents lol.

come on down if you can. all welcome.
    for one how did u get air condishning in the tents and second i will be there this will be my first gathering what cam site is it is it kyestport

craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

what camp site is it at and how much is the site a night so i can make my resorvations thanks guys

Mark
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not at Keyesport. It's at Eldon Hazlett campgrounds. And all you have to do to air condition a tent is put an air conditionewr through a window, support it on both sides, and plug it in ! I go out of the way and insulate the top and outside walls of the tent and use 2 15,000 btu air conditioners. But I like seeing my breath when I'm ready to go to sleep! LOL

craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psychomekanik View Post
    It's not at Keyesport. It's at Eldon Hazlett campgrounds. And all you have to do to air condition a tent is put an air conditionewr through a window, support it on both sides, and plug it in ! I go out of the way and insulate the top and outside walls of the tent and use 2 15,000 btu air conditioners. But I like seeing my breath when I'm ready to go to sleep! LOL
    holy cow it must be nice lol i have like 6 fans i put in mine were is that campground at

craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i am making reservation in two weeks do i need to bring food or what do i need to bring thanks guys

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campsiteSearch.do

click that link. it will take you to the reserve site. to reserve it wich i strongly recommend as they get booked early. as a few are gone already. its $20 per night and a $5 reserve fee. i got sight 11 for thurs through sunday $85. to be close to the group try and stick with about 7-15. illini loop as in the above link.

as far as the air. i put a small window unit on a bucket or camp chair and smash it to the window. then put a comfortor over the top of tent and air unit leaving the back of ac open to exaust. the tent shakes with cold air. awesome sleeping when its 90+ degrees.

hope to see you there. its a good time.

go to the home page and go down to the bottom and go in the gatherings page. we discuss the details there. this was to draw new folks attention. the food??? well discuss that in the coming months. we usually all bring something to add to the smorgasboard.

click this link to go directly to the catstock thread.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showt...ering-Catstock

directions for you from st louis

55.2 mi- about 1 hour 12 mins
    1. Head south on S Tucker Blvd toward Walnut St 62 ft
    2. Take the 1st left onto Walnut St 0.3 mi
    3. Turn right onto S 8th St 0.4 mi
    4. Turn left onto Gratiot St 348 ft
    5. Turn left to merge onto I-64 E/US-40 E 0.5 mi
    6. Continue onto I-70 E Entering Illinois 2.7 mi
    7. Slight right onto I-64 E/IL-3 N (signs for Louisville/St Clair Ave) Continue to follow I-64 E 16.1 mi
    8. Take exit 19B to merge onto US-50 E/Air Mobility Dr toward Carlyle Continue to follow US-50 E 1.1 mi
    9. Turn right to stay on US-50 E 3.7 mi
    10. Turn left onto S Madison St 0.6 mi
    11. Turn right onto US-50 E/Federal Aid Secondary 1780/E St Louis St Continue to follow US-50 E 23.8 mi
    12. Turn left onto IL-127 N 3.0 mi
    13. Turn right onto Co Rd 1700 N/Hazlet Park Rd/Hazlet State Park Rd 0.9 mi
    14. Turn left onto Hazlet Park Rd/Hazlet State Park Rd Continue to follow Hazlet Park Rd 1.9 mi
    15. Turn left 0.1 mi

jeremy jerm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

ya you dont need a camper to have ac. me and mark are high-teck rednecks.

craig
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cats4uandme View Post
    ya you dont need a camper to have ac. me and mark are high-teck rednecks.
    lol i love that i am not the only redneck around i have it tated acrost my hart lol but it will not let me resurve a spot i wont some thing right on the water if possable or maybe next to u so i no how i am talking to lol and do thay alow dogs or is it a dry county

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast