Woodson/ Fagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodson/ Fagan

Kristopher
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodson/ Fagan

Just wondering about fagan / woodson lake went there last night from 9pm to 3 pm didnt atch anything over 1lb and caught 20 or more channel cats , just wondering wuts all the hype on they have the next channel cat state record in there where do u fish there i used cut shad stinky shad had big goldfish chicken liver and worms never had much luck there catching anything keepable ...

roger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fished Fagen on saturday night, caught and released 9 channels from 6 to 9 lbs
    actualy caught 20 plus fish but some were small. I was fishing with cut shad under a Kat bobber in 18/20 foot water. Was between the feeder across from the dam, and fished between the shore and the feeder. There are monsters in fagen, hooked and lost one 4 weeks ago that was pulling the boat around.

Kristopher
    Post Thanks / Like

Well good to know there biting i guess we caught alot , we was on the side were the dam is by a feeder havnt been there much but looked like they drained it or something didnt know where to fish ... I new there are big ones in there i live in Chanute , Kansas and have caught 10 -15 -20 lbers in are city lake but none that big in buffalo or fagan need some good spots ...

Tim B.
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother went there a couple weeks ago and didn't do very good, game warden stopped and chatted with him and he said they are haveing to use the water out of the lake to keep the rearing pond full down below the dam. Hope we get lots of rain soon.

roger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wondered where the water was going, the lake is as low as I have ever seen it. Larry and I fished Fagen 3 weeks ago all night and never got a bite, so it can be tuff to fish, but it has the history of big cats, so we keep going back

I've had my best luck with bigger fish there using little perch live under a bobber

Shelby Fleming
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwg View Post
    I wondered where the water was going, the lake is as low as I have ever seen it. Larry and I fished Fagen 3 weeks ago all night and never got a bite, so it can be tuff to fish, but it has the history of big cats, so we keep going back

I've had my best luck with bigger fish there using little perch live under a bobber
    History?? What History Roger?? Lol...

Naw (all jokes aside) really there are a few big ones but I don't know about a state record every fish that I see caught other then people I know or have meet on this site gets taken home as far as channels go there a plenty fish feeder in this lake thats for sure..

I have heard of flats being in there but to date I have only caught a 2lber on minnows fishing in full sun around noon.

As far a spots fish near a feeder later in the year when they have food near could be a football field away imo just need to find a path they seem to take coming on leaving, for food feed fish.

My biggest was 18lbs channel give or take a few oz's I have only fished this lake about 5 or so times, Bobbers seem to help me alot.

Hope this helps someone

Mark
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodson County bathymetric map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pages from woodson_county_final_report.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	175811

Loc
    Post Thanks / Like

lake is deeper than I thought it would be

James
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know how muddy it is down there right now. Thinking about making a trip this weekend. Weather should be good on the weekend, but I will be tent camping, and dont want to go if its muddy. not worried about the water conditions, but rather the ground.

Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kansasgoose View Post
    does anyone know how muddy it is down there right now. Thinking about making a trip this weekend. Weather should be good on the weekend, but I will be tent camping, and dont want to go if its muddy. not worried about the water conditions, but rather the ground.
    Looks like you are going to get rained out. Storms moving south.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast