Quantcast
Ohio River Hot Spots???

In Memory of MRR

Michael Daugherty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ohio River Hot Spots???

In the next few weeks I plan on doing some fishing along the Ohio river. I'm fairly new to it, and have only fished it once before. I'm hoping ya'll can share where the best spots may be, so when I go up their I stand a good chance of catching a nice flat or blue. I don't have a boat, so I'm limited to bank fishing only. I was think of fishing around Meldahl dam, but I'd really like hear what ya'll think. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Mark
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish about halfway between the main channel and the bank. LOL

Greg
    Post Thanks / Like

I just moved from that area and had alot of great spots that produced some huge fish ill let you in on some.

Downtown on the serpentine wall- good when waters high

In front of newport on the levee- Caught great blues there behind hooters

The marina in Dayton,Ky cant remember the name- Best spots for flatheads that I know of.

And when the water is really up the boat ramp in California,Ky..... Have seen alot of fish over 70# come out of there. Thats the town im from so just respect the area and nobody will mess with ya.

Meldahl was great until the started the construction now the areas you can fish are extremely shallow and don't seem to hold fish like the used to.

Good luck bro!

Michael Daugherty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. I think I stand a better chance when I go out on the Ohio. If anyone else wants to share any tips, or good locations on the Ohio, it would be greatly appreciated. The more I know the better.