Alluminum Pontoon Deck Trim

Ron
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alluminum Pontoon Deck Trim

Does anyone know where I can get the alluminum trim that goes around the deck on a pontoon boat? I just bought a project pontoon and about half is missing. Not expecting a match for the old so I will have to replace all of it.

Jason
    Post Thanks / Like

heres a link to a good deal PONTOON SIDE RAILS 28FT WITH GATES GOOD CONDITION dont know how far that is from you, maybe he will meet you if he still has it. I know aluminum is high right now.

Mark Johnson
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ron16 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the alluminum trim that goes around the deck on a pontoon boat? I just bought a project pontoon and about half is missing. Not expecting a match for the old so I will have to replace all of it.
    You probably won't have much luck nor like the price.
    If it were me I would look at other options such as aluminum angle or sheet aluminum, a shear, and brake.
    Like you said, it's just TRIM. It could be anything theoretically including wood.

Bill
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy deck trim extrusion from the mfg. of the boat, but it can be pricey. Biggest problem is not finding, or affording, but getting it shipped without damage. Crating can be more than the cost of the material.

Best bet is to find a dealer that could get it shipped in, laying on the floor of a boat being delivered new from factory, if you are going with OEM.

There are aftermarket generic choices such as this one.

Edge Cap Deck Trim Kit

I know Bently makes pontoon boats in SC. Might could pick up some at the factory.

Here are some listings of SC pontoon boat manufacturing suppliers.

ThomasNet® - Directory Search Results: Product/Service

You could use almost any C channel extrusion, or long L, with the right 4-5" dimension.