ethanol-free gasoline

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Steve
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ethanol-free gasoline

I found this, and wanted to share it with the USCA.
    It shows were you can fine ethanol-free gasoline in you're state.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

JBH

Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

You can get it at every gas station in Nebraska. Ethanol blend is 10 cents cheaper here because ethanol is cheaper to produce here. In Oklahoma and Missouri for example it is usually 10 cents more. Follow the money though. In states where oil is pumped out of the ground the propaganda is well publicized by the oil companies that ethanol is bad for your vehicle. It burns cleaner, reduces the need for crude oil by 10% and it's a renewable fuel. I really don't understand why people bash it so much.

Mike aka thunde
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. That's a really cool website. As for why people are upset about ethanol in gasoline, there are a couple of reasons. First, they really do damage to your fuel lines and some claim will harm your engine long term. The other big bugaboo is the fact that they use food crops to make ethanol which reduces the food supply and thus driving up food prices.

:glasses-cool:

Richard
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Interesting, as I was told that here in New Mexico it is not legal to use or buy non ethanol gas. I do know it causes way more condensation problems that 100% gasoline does.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

Long term problems from using it is what I read and talk to some folks in the business.
    I get better gas mileage when using gas without the E in it. Have checked it both way.

It really doesnt matter.
    A dime difference isnt much. Price still up since the war started.

I'm planting corn this year. LOL

Phil Washburn

Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

ethanol, also known as corn gas, is not a good product. it causes problems with rubber and seals...all cars today have plastic fuel tanks..as was mentioned by another poster, it has a tendency to hold moisture. it also expands more rapidly, and to a greater volume than gasoline..it was knee jerk reaction by uniformed and ignorant politicians much like banning R12

could someone save me from these idiots? please? :)

kevin owens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catfish_hunter01 View Post
    You can get it at every gas station in Nebraska. Ethanol blend is 10 cents cheaper here because ethanol is cheaper to produce here. In Oklahoma and Missouri for example it is usually 10 cents more. Follow the money though. In states where oil is pumped out of the ground the propaganda is well publicized by the oil companies that ethanol is bad for your vehicle. It burns cleaner, reduces the need for crude oil by 10% and it's a renewable fuel. I really don't understand why people bash it so much.
    Keep running that junk in your outboard and your tune will change and your wallet much lighter.

JBH

Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Pondwater View Post
    Keep running that junk in your outboard and your tune will change and your wallet much lighter.
    I don't run it in my outboard, it has a plastic carb float, rubber ball on the fuel line, rubber fuel line. And even though I don't run it in my outboard my carb is messed up go figure.

JBH

Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Washburn View Post
    ethanol, also known as corn gas, is not a good product. it causes problems with rubber and seals...all cars today have plastic fuel tanks..as was mentioned by another poster, it has a tendency to hold moisture. it also expands more rapidly, and to a greater volume than gasoline..it was knee jerk reaction by uniformed and ignorant politicians much like banning R12

could someone save me from these idiots? please? :)
    Sorry Phil I gotta disagree with you. "Corn gas has many qualities regular gas does not. The one thing it can cause problems with is gaskets. If you run it in an old car it could cause problems. Newer cars are engineered to handle it.

kevin owens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catfish_hunter01 View Post
    I don't run it in my outboard, it has a plastic carb float, rubber ball on the fuel line, rubber fuel line. And even though I don't run it in my outboard my carb is messed up go figure.
    Make up your mind is it bad for it our not?
    You said that it wasn't bad like everyone says in your first post and now you say you want run it because of the plastic and rubber parts in your fuel system. Either it is good or not so where do you really stand?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast