Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Andy
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is the best homemade carp bait

what is the best homemade bait for carp, I want every recipe I can get

Andy
    Post Thanks / Like

Default which is the best

I am trying to get all the carp recipes I can get so I can stock up on supplies. So evrybody that knows one post here and what type of rig should I use.

Tony Stoll
    Post Thanks / Like

ill give you a recipe for fifty bucks alright? nah just kiddin with yea try usin peanut butter with your favorite carp scents put in with a little corn and there yea go i use peanut butter and jelly sandwhichs also cuz i can eat em and they can eat em

ron
    Post Thanks / Like

alfala,wheaties,wheat germ,vanilla,cattails,cotten,water:0a26:

Rick
    Post Thanks / Like

No real recipes for me except...get 1 old sock, 1 box of wheatys, fill the sock with wheatys and crunch up very fine, dip sock in water, take out of water, squeeze water, dip a 2nd time, take out and squeeze again, set sock in sun to thicken up your mixture some, throw out several chum balls and then get enough to cover your own hook and cast one out. Add vanilla extract, sugar, fruit juice, etc. at your own will.

Brad
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can give you a few, but it all depends ont he rod you are using.
    First I will give the ingredients to my bait that caught well yesterday (No measurements were taken, just enough of everything so it stays on the hook good):
    Vanilla Whey Protein powder (makes it doughier, a binder)
    Evaporated milk (A breaker and creates cloud, very effective, this comprises the majority of the bait at first)
    Instant Oats (Makes a stiffer mixture)
    Red strawberry Soda
    Maple Syrup (Add a little to the main mix, and dip whole doughball in it after it is on hook)
    Puffed Wheat Cereal (Makes it float, and adds something to stick hook through)

I started with around a cup or 2 of evaporated dry milk, added a few scoops of whey protein, a generous amount of oats, and then added the strawberry soda. Mixed it and if it is too goey add more whey protein, and oats. Always be generous with the dried milk. Add a slight amount of syrup, and mix again untill it is sticky, yet able to be put on a hook, you will know when. I added some shredded coconut to stiffen it up but that isn't required. I added the slightly stale and moist cereal (wheat puff) to give it some floatability. I added a few wheat puffs to the size 1 hook and molded bait around it LEAVING THE POINT EXPOSED (this is critical). I then dipped it into syrup and coated it and the line, then put it in the container of dried powdered milk and shook it up, completely coating it in powdered milk that will lead to a nice cloud in the water. To fish it on bottom just remove wheat puffs. Caught a great mirror fishing it on top.

Now to the method
    As some of you may know inline feeders, spods and pva bags are used to get bait to places for carp. I wanted to get a nice cloud around my bait with the dried milk, and I mean a big cloud. As I use pantyhose for livers and catfish I had some on hand. I tied a knot in one end and poured in dried milk and wetted the open end and some milk, then twisted it shut, it should stay shut for the cast if done right, and I was slinging it with a 6oz weight. To hook it to the line I hooked the snap of a snap swivel through it and also the main line swivel and slung itout there. IT is some what buoyant so I gave it a large jerk and it spilled its contens leading to a wonderful cloud. If done right it will work. I was throwing it with a non baited rod, but with the baited ir worked minus the weight with floating bread. (THIS WAS POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD OF MINE SO I COPIED AND PASTED)

Now to the bait I tried the other day. Learned it from a short rod packbaiter who fishes pay lakes and it is a great packbait.
    First for the list of ingredients:
    36ozs INSTANT GRITS
    18ozs QUICK GRITS (if you get the grits confused it will not work)
    2 cans cream corn
    Flavoring if desired, I highly recommend it
    Basically 2 parts instant to 1 part quick to 1 part cream corn, 2:1:1 ratio, a good way to measure is use the can the corn came in.

Mix the contents well, it will not be a dough, I repeat it should NOT be doughy, it should feel somewhat dry, and you should be able to pack it into a tight ball. The concept of a pack bait is that it packs around the hookbait in this case the hook bait will be a wheat puff, slightly moistened to keep it not crunchy, but still able to be hooked. This is the tricky part and many paylakers consider it dang near a science, Puffology, and not the reefer class many college students take part in. Anyways, put the hook bait on the hook, and then mold the pack (grit mix) on tight, as compressed as you can get it and sling it out. Test it in shallow water that is clear enough to see to the bottom and see how it works. Now I am sure you wonder what the heck does a packbait do. Well, when done properly it breaks up in about 2 minutes leaving a nice pile of bait around the wheat puff.
    Sound simple, its not, I am still perfecting it, but after watching this paylaking puffologist work his carp magic to the tune of hundreds of lbs of fish in a day I swear it will work when done right. But he added grits are prespawn, and some spawn, but in summer the bait changes. When I find out the change I will post it. Now go catch carp.

kenny
    Post Thanks / Like

3 pounds feed oats
    1can cream style corn
    vinnila flavor
    makes a good pack bait.oh yea and stick a corn pop on the hook and just pack the bait around it

Joe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronesche
    alfala,wheaties,wheat germ,vanilla,cattails,cotten,water:0a26:
    cotton? How well does this work? I heard of the other but cotton?

Bryan Sirotkin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by channelcat_tracker
    ill give you a recipe for fifty bucks alright? nah just kiddin with yea try usin peanut butter with your favorite carp scents put in with a little corn and there yea go i use peanut butter and jelly sandwhichs also cuz i can eat em and they can eat em
    I wonder if making PB&J sandwiches (like 10 of them or more) and taking them fishing wouldn't be a bad idea... you can make them into dough balls easily (if you use strawberry jelly it should be attractive to the fish) plus while you wait you can have a delicious snack :)

Post Thanks / Like

Every carp fisherman has the majic bait. However there is none, all will eventually catch a fish. Probably sweet corn (canned) is the simplest and most effective bait. Field or feed corn works well after boiling to soften it. If you must try a formula, mix a simple cornmeal doughbait with some mild flavoring (strawberry, vinilla, anise, etc.). You will be amazed at the number of hits if you do a google search on carp bait or doughbait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast