Pool Noodle Jugs!!!!!

Darryl
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pool Noodle Jugs!!!!!

Made up some flagging noodle jugs last year with 1" PVC and monster noodles.

They just suck in a river. Lost one last year on the Mississippi when it snagged during a drift and sucked underwater. Okay.......too much current. Was fishing a slow river yesterday and my jugs floated into a chute off the Missisippi but current didn't seem too bad. 3 of the %$#@! went under and didn't come up. I motored through the area a couple times and broke two of them loose with the turbulence and retrieved them. Spent two hours trying to locate the third one before giving up.

Useless in a river. Gonna have to save these for super slow water or lakes and make some up with some gallon or bigger jugs to fish the rivers I guess.

Where can I find two-gallon jugs, or three? LOL!!!!!

brad

Post Thanks / Like

Motts apple juice jugs! Discovered them last year. Been using 2 liter bottles since they invented 2 liter bottles but the Motts jugs are superior. We do alot of our jugging on the Illinois and mighty Miss. Aint lost a Motts jug yet. Try'em, I think you'll love them. I wasnt sold on the pool noodles myself. I know some swear by them but the locals here tried them and switched back. Buddy swears the Tide 120(?) load handled jugs are ace on the line(almost as big around as a basketball). Motts, 2 liters or Tide jugs Ive seen them all hold 60lb+ flats and 40lb+ channel. Besides my kids would scream to high heaven if I bought and cut up pool noodles, lol. In a lake chasin 5lb cats pool noodles may be superior for fishing, transporting etc.

Dallas Barnwell
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ranks Showcase

i get my boat going i want to try jugging for eaters i think it would be fun i will probly do my jugging in the back water i dont want to chase those suckers

Don
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had cats take and hold down a 2 liter bottle for quite a while so to me pool noodles are out, and I prefer the 3 litter soda bottles if you can find them, I always worry when chasing a big fish if they pull it under and swim into a brushpile, etc. they will get it tangled up and not only will I have lost a jug but killed a fish that I cannot retrieve. But I can't jug fish where I live now so its restricted to other places.

Troy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranks Showcase

Default This works and they last a long time

15 to 24 inch chunks of 3 to 4 inch pvc capped with swivel set in end thru drilled hole and small bolt set in place with hot glue gun store nice in half a 55 gal plastic barrle. Have lines with hooks and inline weights 2 cast net weights are pefect rolled up on a small welding wire plastic spool. with a loop tied in the end just hook and wind. To set em just unwind push loop thrue swivle runn line thru pull tight bait drop takes seconds or set em all up and toss out in fav spot when driften. easy to spray paint bright oarnge ect. Works great. Take a heck of a blue to hold em down ant seen one pulled under by current yet on the MO. Some guys use lil stainless eye bolts it works even better and a chunk of innertube for a seal with a wide washer. Tough good jugs that store easy and set fast.

Chris Phillips
    Post Thanks / Like

To bad you couldn't find them 3liter pop bottles Big K cola used to have years ago.

Big Sam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SkipEye View Post
    Made up some flagging noodle jugs last year with 1" PVC and monster noodles.

They just suck in a river. Lost one last year on the Mississippi when it snagged during a drift and sucked underwater. Okay.......too much current. Was fishing a slow river yesterday and my jugs floated into a chute off the Missisippi but current didn't seem too bad. 3 of the %$#@! went under and didn't come up. I motored through the area a couple times and broke two of them loose with the turbulence and retrieved them. Spent two hours trying to locate the third one before giving up.

Useless in a river. Gonna have to save these for super slow water or lakes and make some up with some gallon or bigger jugs to fish the rivers I guess.

Where can I find two-gallon jugs, or three? LOL!!!!!

You Tight b@$^%$#!!!LOL It would cost ya too much $$$$ skipper:messed: Quit fishin around snags!!!:glasses-cool: Good to see ya on board skipper!!!!!:rainbow:

Wade
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been fishing with some "Flaggin Noodles" for a couple of years in Rivers in South Alabama that I bought from a guy out in Texas called catfishbaitsoap.com

They are made with 1/2" PVC, a pool noodle and a lead weight in the pipe used to flag them when a fish gets on.

I fished them anchored with a 2lb. dumbell weight attached and so far they have worked great but the other night I threw over and it just kept going straight down and I never saw it again...lol...don't know what happened to that one...lol