Hot Dog Bait

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Dog Bait

James Roberts
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot Dog Bait

I've had good luck with hot dogs soaked in garlic and anise extract. I get the cheapest hot dogs I can find and mix them with garlic that I buy in a jar at Wal-mart and a little anise extract ( I can't find anise oil). Then I put it into the fridge for a week or two.

It works well on trotlines and yoyo's. I have trouble keeping it on the hook when casting though.

Lionel
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with jennyo chicken hotdogs, and you can snack on the bait if the fish don't! even my puppy likes them.

Larry Wakefield
    Post Thanks / Like

use a trebble hook and a snap swivel for casting. Slide the hot dog peace down the center of the hook then snap it on the swivel.

Bill Hartman
    Post Thanks / Like

I have caught may a catfish on hot dogs! I get the the cheapest that I can find and set them out in the sun for a day. The only bad thing is that it is hard to cast them very far!

Kent Spor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feed kids or catch cats

What a versitile bait. They attract cats and kids. Tho I go barbless on the kids. makes em easier to release.

Steve Harvell
    Post Thanks / Like

James, why do you want to waste a good hot-dog on fish bait ,with all that fresh bait swimming aroundout there, even cheap hot-dogs are good,:) :confused: :big_smile_2: ....................

Jim AKA Mac
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost my mind........?

James, My name is also Jimmy Don and I am from arkansas...... Welcome aboard. Wierd, I thought I was the only one branded with that name. Forget the hotdogs Fish eat fish.... keep that in mind. later Mac

randy stoneberger
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To solve that trouble.

Slice up 1lb of hot dogs then put them all in a blender blend them well. then empty them into a large bowl and add to the hot dog mix your anise oil or what ever you want then stir them well. if not thick enuff for you add alittle flour to it and mix again.

Get you some looper rigs dip them init and work it around pull it out and cast and wait for the fish to hit. hope this is to some help.

James Hughes
    Post Thanks / Like

If you nuke them in the microwave for a bit they will stay on ur hook better

BrianK
    Post Thanks / Like

An old timer on the river running jugs swears by hotdogs.... it's all he uses. He puts them in a plastic container with a lid and adds red and yellow food coloring to make them a bright orange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast