Anyone fish for Hybrids or Stripers on Lake of the Ozarks?

Bill Heckart
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish for Hybrids or Stripers on Lake of the Ozarks?

I want to start seriously fishing for striper's and/or hybrids on Lake of the Ozarks. I have tried a couple times trolling deep diving lures, 25' deep divers. I have fished with liver and cut shad at the base of high rock bluffs. We have thrown large white or silver swim baits along shorelines and on the other side of the boat from shore with the boat still about 50' from shore. We have caught a few small fish that we think are hybrids or striper's but not sure on the ID. I don't think they were white bass. I guess what I would like to find out is how would someone tell a new angler to the lake how to fish for stripers/hybrids. I am totally overwhelmed with this, usually when we go out for a species we can catch at least catch a few. I would like to catch a few to give me some confidence that at least we are doing something, somewhat right. If someone asked me how to catch crappie on Lake of the Ozarks, I could tell them exactly what to look for in shoreline and what bait to use and how to fish it. Looking for that kind of information. We fish lower end of the lake, from the Gravois to the dam. Anyone have any advice for a rookie?

John

Post Thanks / Like

This is a bump to a March question, but I too am interested in Lk Ozark striper fishing (as well as cat, walleye and crappie). Help would be appreciated.
    J